fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Powerpoints for introductory songs

More
02 Feb 2012 20:40 #1687 by lzp11
Ok, so I have been racking my brains for useful piano and solfege related activities to try with my DD aged 2yr 9 months, who is not quite ready for the piano and computer element of the programme.

I came up with the idea of creating a powerpoint presentation to go with the introductory songs - to help learn the order of notes etc - hopefully this will make the transition to actually playing the piano easier.

I have tried to create a presentation with fairly accurate tempo, so for HCB I needed to create 3 different Do's (1 second, 2 seconds and 4 seconds). It was a bit of a stretch to create the 4s clip - so apologies this sounds slightly odd.

I'll upload this to the sharing forum too but wanted to get some feedback first if people think this is helpful / worth doing the rest of the intro songs??

Also, any suggestions for improvements??

File Attachment:

File Name: Hotcrossbuns.zip
File Size:2,404 KB

Cheers!
L
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, Mela Bala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2012 04:03 #2008 by Mrs.Post
Let me first say that I will get you the other music files by the weekend. My niece is coming for three days and I hope she will provide my guy with a distraction, I will have to pay her, but it is worth it.

Second, I like this file. It is a little choppy however. I've been wondering how to do just the same thing. I think going over the song in solfege really helped C. our little D.S. girl. She has the song memorized so she knows what note is supposed to come next. I don't have time to put something more together, so whatever idea I put forth is me talking out loud.

What if I separate the second part of the music alphabet? The first section is slow, the second is faster the third is with the rap. I think it might help the choppiness. The other thing I was thinking and I don't know how to do it, but a animation with the notes and the note changes color when it is played. I don't know if this is clear or not. But I think that would be good.

Sonya

More
15 Feb 2012 13:47 #2018 by lzp11
Thanks Sonya - there is no rush for the files - I have been meaning to do some myself but have also been a bit overloaded. I'm preparing to go back to work in 2 weeks and I have a LOT of preparation to do after 9 months break. Feels like I know nothing at all - yikes!

Anyway, I did try to improve this file a bit - it's posted in the sharing files forum: www.softmozart.com/forum/31-share-files/...roductory-songs.html

It still does sound choppy but maybe a little better. What do you think? I listened to the rest of track one and did try cutting out the shorter notes later in the track, but they have a different backing track so it also sounds a bit funny. I'm not sure it was any better.

Let me know what you think and happy to try some different ideas!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
16 Feb 2012 02:38 #2026 by hellene

Mrs.Post wrote: Let me first say that I will get you the other music files by the weekend. My niece is coming for three days and I hope she will provide my guy with a distraction, I will have to pay her, but it is worth it.

Second, I like this file. It is a little choppy however. I've been wondering how to do just the same thing. I think going over the song in solfege really helped C. our little D.S. girl. She has the song memorized so she knows what note is supposed to come next. I don't have time to put something more together, so whatever idea I put forth is me talking out loud.

What if I separate the second part of the music alphabet? The first section is slow, the second is faster the third is with the rap. I think it might help the choppiness. The other thing I was thinking and I don't know how to do it, but a animation with the notes and the note changes color when it is played. I don't know if this is clear or not. But I think that would be good.

Sonya

Sonya, let me know, if you need pictures in red and blue. We have these files.

Back to the Mozart

More
18 Feb 2012 19:35 #2051 by lzp11

hellene wrote:

Mrs.Post wrote: Sonya, let me know, if you need pictures in red and blue. We have these files.

Hellene, I've been able to change the colours of the icons for a powerpoint of Jingle Bells - but felt it made more sense to use 4 colours rather than trying to match to the red and blue since the same note is repeated several times. I've uploaded to the share forum.

It still sounds a little choppy but I'm not sure that there's any way to make it 'perfect' and I think it will work as a teaching aid alongside SM etc.

Any thoughts / ideas / suggestions for improvement from everyone welcome :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: accionpiano

More
18 Feb 2012 20:32 #2052 by Mrs.Post
Lee,

I just ordered DrawPlus 5. We needed it for other reasons than SM. There is a feature in there that will allow me to make a flash animation. I am wondering if I run the files through something like audacity and speed things up or slow them down if I can't make this work. I was thinking of putting the notes on the staff vertically just as it is in Gentle Piano.

I think I can come up with the time provided I get my upstairs finished tonight and I have a grant to start for the BK conference, but I think I can swing it. The program isn't here yet, but it will be by MOnday or Tuesday.

Lee, I don't use Microsoft products, I use OpenOffice. I just like it better. However, what I can't do is create a powerpoint. I think if I just email you the flash animation, we can do this. I am going to get the audio files done this weekend also. I know, I have high hopes, but this weekend is less busy than the last 4 or 5.

Thanks for the great idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds