fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Manda Adult beginner First Month

More
25 Dec 2011 05:48 - 18 Jan 2012 22:27 #684 by Mandabplus3
I feel I have learnt more in three days with this program than I did in 6 months of flute lessons. Perhaps it is the program perhaps it is old knowlege awakening. I was never very good at flute though... I enjoy talking too much to play an instument that requires my mouth!
I played Guess key for 3:51 mins and scored 447. I have no idea what that means but I know I was improving as I played. This was in CDE forrmat. I found in the middle octave I could hear the notes but in the lower I was pitch blind. No Deaf!
Gentle Piano
I played Hot Cross buns and had it memorised at plus 3 by the third attempt at RH only.
A few more tries and I had both hands going accurately at plus 4, which sounded the right speed to my ear...I am surprised that I coordinated both hands so quickly.
I gave Jingle Bells a try got stuck on 42/45 for about 5 attempts then nailed it but at plus 9 RH only.
Left hand was easier which I wasnt expecting. My 6th attempt had me at 32/32 plus 3
Both hands together were much slower at plus 20 with accuracy. I only tried this 3 times so far.
I listened to the song but thought that it was slower then the speed required to get a perfect score. Perhaps it is faster in one section. Tomorow I will watch the clock while I play to see where I am loosing speed. It sounds right to me. I have almost memorised it now but need to play it a few more times to stick it in my head. I think its good for the kids to hear me play the same songs as them. Plus these are songs I could use at work (teaching) when I go back to work.
Had you told me last week I could play jingle Bells with two hands on Christmas day I would have laughed at you! Merry Christmas indeed :)
Last edit: 18 Jan 2012 22:27 by Mandabplus3. Reason: Ease of forum use

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2011 00:05 #685 by NadiaD
Great Job, Manda!

Wow, you really inspire me to start practice seriously!
To the moment I was so involved with my DD, that I did not do anything myself!

More
27 Dec 2011 00:29 #692 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: I feel I have learnt more in three days with this program than I did in 6 months of flute lessons. Perhaps it is the program perhaps it is old knowlege awakening. I was never very good at flute though... I enjoy talking too much to play an instument that requires my mouth!
I played Guess key for 3:51 mins and scored 447. I have no idea what that means but I know I was improving as I played. This was in CDE forrmat. I found in the middle octave I could hear the notes but in the lower I was pitch blind. No Deaf!

It is a very good score for a starter. One day you will be able to beat the whole game in this time. Also your ear will be developed for lower and higher register. I believe in you!

Gentle Piano
I played Hot Cross buns and had it memorised at plus 3 by the third attempt at RH only.
A few more tries and I had both hands going accurately at plus 4, which sounded the right speed to my ear...I am surprised that I coordinated both hands so quickly.
I gave Jingle Bells a try got stuck on 42/45 for about 5 attempts then nailed it but at plus 9 RH only.
Left hand was easier which I wasnt expecting. My 6th attempt had me at 32/32 plus 3
Both hands together were much slower at plus 20 with accuracy. I only tried this 3 times so far.

Do not push yourself so hard to play with no pictures ( 4). When you are building coordination it is better to give more visual support to avoid ‘locks’ of your muscles.

I listened to the song but thought that it was slower then the speed required to get a perfect score. Perhaps it is faster in one section. Tomorow I will watch the clock while I play to see where I am loosing speed. It sounds right to me. I have almost memorised it now but need to play it a few more times to stick it in my head. I think its good for the kids to hear me play the same songs as them. Plus these are songs I could use at work (teaching) when I go back to work.

Are you teaching music?

Had you told me last week I could play jingle Bells with two hands on Christmas day I would have laughed at you! Merry Christmas indeed :)

I am very happy to hear that! Looking forward to hear more about your learning experience!

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Dec 2011 07:49 #730 by Mandabplus3
No I dont presume to be good enough to teach music. I teach early years of school (the younger the better!) I was offered a music teacher job just last week, I dont feel qualified for it but apparently I am! I dont want to go back to work just yet so I turned it down.
Today I memorised Hot Cross Buns both hands. I can play it!!! I got it to one second on the timer, havnt managed to get a perfect time but I got perfect score on the notes. I shall play it again in a few days to see if I remember it.
I worked on jingle bells until I was Christmased out. I need to speed this up. With both hands I havnt yet got it fast enough but having fun trying.
I am sure I can handle two songs at a time and it will probably stop me from getting bored of one before I finish it off. What do you usually advise Helene for adults?
I also played Note Alpabet (because it was working!) I scored 597 in 10:30mins. I considered it to be a total Brain Workout!. I can personally hear lower and higher notes quite well and so I could postion them once I managed to place the first one corectly. :unsure: I was playing in DO RE Me format and so I started to sing the notes. It really did help. Already I am more confident recognising DO and even SA. I have decided to use solfege for my learning as I am really keen to develop my ear and Helene says thats the way to do it ;) I will need to play this game alot it is really challenging. The pictures are GREAT the kids will love them. I think my kiddies need more time with the flash cards before they try this game, putting them in order.
I have found that by leaving the computer plugged in to the keyboard all the time we tend to pop in for a quick practice through out the days we are home. Only problem is we keep forgetting to do our Little Reader!

More
28 Dec 2011 21:32 #737 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: No I dont presume to be good enough to teach music. I teach early years of school (the younger the better!) I was offered a music teacher job just last week, I dont feel qualified for it but apparently I am! I dont want to go back to work just yet so I turned it down.
Today I memorised Hot Cross Buns both hands. I can play it!!! I got it to one second on the timer, havnt managed to get a perfect time but I got perfect score on the notes. I shall play it again in a few days to see if I remember it.

Are you using H to hide the notes to memorize them?

I worked on jingle bells until I was Christmased out. I need to speed this up. With both hands I havnt yet got it fast enough but having fun trying.

Remember: only machine can make 0 time. Your goal is to decrease it only! Don’t overwork yourself!

I am sure I can handle two songs at a time and it will probably stop me from getting bored of one before I finish it off. What do you usually advise Helene for adults?

I would recommend to learn about 10-15 pieces at a time. 1-2 pieces have to be challenging for your coordination to be used for recitals and the rest for music sight-reading. I have to see you playing to recommend the level of the songs. By looking at your hands I could give you the list of pieces for mastering and sight-reading.

I also played Note Alpabet (because it was working!) I scored 597 in 10:30mins. I considered it to be a total Brain Workout!. I can personally hear lower and higher notes quite well and so I could postion them once I managed to place the first one corectly. :unsure:

Note Alphabet is going to be a game of the next month. I would recommend to play it for certain amount of minutes every time (let’s say 5). When the time is expire, press F5 key and stop the game and write down the score. It would help you to see your progress with points. Our games are built on advance algorithms and software ‘feels’ every move. Each time you improving – you are getting more advanced rout and more points. When you’ll become a ‘pro’, you will be able to finish the entire game in the shortest time.

I was playing in DO RE Me format and so I started to sing the notes. It really did help. Already I am more confident recognising DO and even SA. I have decided to use solfege for my learning as I am really keen to develop my ear and Helene says thats the way to do it ;) I will need to play this game alot it is really challenging.

Great idea! I totally support it! Way to go, Manda!

The pictures are GREAT the kids will love them. I think my kiddies need more time with the flash cards before they try this game, putting them in order.

Yes, Note Alphabet is ‘pushy’ – kids have to learn the order of notes with cards first.

I have found that by leaving the computer plugged in to the keyboard all the time we tend to pop in for a quick practice through out the days we are home. Only problem is we keep forgetting to do our Little Reader!

This is why I usually recommend having piano+computer station just for the music. Now days you can get very inexpensive computer for Soft Mozart since the requirements are very modest.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD

More
05 Jan 2012 10:43 #895 by Mandabplus3
10 to 15 pieces at a time! Helene you have a lot of faith in me! Apparently more than I have in myself :unsure: Ok I shall work up to that. I see my daughter doing her traditional piano lessons and clearly her brain can only handle 2 or 3 pieces at a time so I assumed... Silly me! I fully understand it just isn't the same with soft Mozart. Just the ability to hear the piece playing first would make the world of difference. Let alone all the visual support. Will I spend the whole year in constant surprise with my jaw on the floor! :)
I will work on a video for you (all) soon, I am sure Jaykob will make a great videographer :woohoo: So you can advise on my technique or anything else. Also to encourage Nadia to get started! :P
I am happy to learn all the nursery songs regardless as I would like to know them and I think it really helps the kiddies to hear mummy practicing them too.
I realized this week that my flute lessons taught me to read music mostly in the treble clef and higher, not in the base clef so I have a learning gap as well as speed to pick up. Plus now I am learning solfege I feel like I am starting all over with reading music! Oddly enough this doesn't bother me at all. Happy to be a duck out of water.
Now if my relatives will all go home I can get some practice in! They are even using the piano table, the piano is on the floor!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds