fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Problems with AVG antivirus - Avast! works better

More
02 Jan 2012 11:06 #830 by lzp11
Having looked at several reviews of Avast! Free antivirus software which seems to be rated as being just as good if not better than AVG I thought I ould give it a try.

It was easy to install from this link: www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

There were no problems with installation. When i first opened Gentle piano, the software asked if i wanted to open it in a quarantined area called the "sandbox". Because I was confident there is no virus I said no and clicked "open normally". It allows you to save these settings for this program so next time I opened gentle piano it did so without problems.

So far I find it easy to use and hopefully effective at protecting my computer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2012 12:09 - 03 Jan 2012 12:12 #847 by andreasro

lzp11 wrote: Having looked at several reviews of Avast! Free antivirus software which seems to be rated as being just as good if not better than AVG I thought I ould give it a try.

It was easy to install from this link: www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

There were no problems with installation. When i first opened Gentle piano, the software asked if i wanted to open it in a quarantined area called the "sandbox". Because I was confident there is no virus I said no and clicked "open normally". It allows you to save these settings for this program so next time I opened gentle piano it did so without problems.

So far I find it easy to use and hopefully effective at protecting my computer.

My hubby and I have been using Avast for years on our laptop.
For many years we've tried Kaspersky, AVG, BitDefender, Nod32 too. None of them proved as good and so less problematic than Avast. And we have the free edition too.
We have always felt protected from viruses and it does not use so much of RAM (temporary memory) as other antivirus software (like Kaspersky, for instance), which means it doesn't slow down the computer performance.
(I'm sure the payed subscription for Avast is even better as it has more features.)

As for Avast and Soft Way to Mozart, as I wrote before in this thread, no problems ever arrive if you choose "Run normally" and check the small box with 'remember the action for the next time it opens'.

Andrea
Last edit: 03 Jan 2012 12:12 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
04 Jan 2012 09:41 #877 by Mandabplus3
I don't mind switching to avast but I was thinking perhaps the problem with AGV actually does need to be fixed. Since soooo many people worldwide use AGV wouldn't it be more efficient to fix the problem than have everyone change virus protection? Otherwise lots of people's first experience with soft Mozart will be problematic. Doesn't there have to be something actually in the program to trip this response? Even if it is a false alarm something has to trigger it.

More
04 Jan 2012 10:27 #878 by andreasro

Mandabplus3 wrote: Doesn't there have to be something actually in the program to trip this response? Even if it is a false alarm something has to trigger it.

It may be so, or, just like we have messages from Windows 7 or any other operating system("Are you sure you want to ..." / "This is an exe file ..."), SM does not have an issue, but the other software (antivirus) or OS has it.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than us should try AVG and see what permanent solution there is to opening SM :P

Andrea

More
04 Jan 2012 14:05 #880 by lzp11
Both Avast and AVG recognised something within the SM software as a potential virus. The difference was that with Avast there is the functionality to override this automatic response to try to quarantine the 'threat' (i.e. you can tell it to ignore this). I could not find a way within AVG to do this so it just kept firing up every time I used the software, so I either had to disable it completely or else it caused problems with using SM.

BUT I am not by any means a 'techie' so my knowledge is extremely limited and it is easily possible that there is a way round this with AVG that I don't know about :S

More
04 Jan 2012 18:36 #889 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: I don't mind switching to avast but I was thinking perhaps the problem with AGV actually does need to be fixed. Since soooo many people worldwide use AGV wouldn't it be more efficient to fix the problem than have everyone change virus protection? Otherwise lots of people's first experience with soft Mozart will be problematic. Doesn't there have to be something actually in the program to trip this response? Even if it is a false alarm something has to trigger it.

I will address this issue to our programming team for sure.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds