fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Problems with AVG antivirus - Avast! works better

More
22 Dec 2011 21:14 - 02 Jan 2012 10:59 #634 by lzp11
When I first installed Soft Mozart, my AVG free antivirus software thought there was a virus inside the software called "Win32/Heur". I allowed AVG to quarantine this file but then the program became quite unstable and kept crashing the system. Obviously this had me a bit worried!

I contacted the admin team at Soft Mozart and they informed me that the software does sometimes get interfered with by certain antivirus programs. In particular, AVG has been a problem for other clients, but this is NOT A VIRUS!

I disabled the AVG to re-install the software and since doing this it has been absolutely fine.

Hope this helps for others using AVG.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2012 10:59 by lzp11. Reason: change title
The following user(s) said Thank You: ttteh, NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2011 00:11 #637 by andreasro
Good thread for any antivirus - SM problems!

With Avast antivirus software,
the new free / home version you have just one thing each time you open a new application / game in the SM software:
A dialog box appears asking you how you want to open the software - in a secure mode using an Avast application, normally etc.
After you choose open normally if you check a box for memorizing the action next time the application starts you get rid of that dialog box.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
23 Dec 2011 09:10 #641 by Mandabplus3
I had the same virus alert in my AGV on open. I also mostly ignored it after doing my own google search on it I havnt had a problem yet. I did make sure I knew how to remove it if I was infected before I made that choice. Just to be careful :) I contacted admin and I was assured it was nothing to worry about also. It is one of those viruses that are false positive often in AGV.

More
28 Dec 2011 20:07 #733 by lzp11
I am finding that I have to disable AVG every time I want to use any of the soft Mozart games otherwise it tries to quarantine part of the software which then makes the system liable to crash. Has anyone found a way round this with AVG? I would prefer to keep the antivirus running all the time in case of a threat from somewhere else.

More
28 Dec 2011 20:26 #735 by hellene
Did you try Avast?

Back to the Mozart

More
29 Dec 2011 06:25 #753 by lzp11

hellene wrote: Did you try Avast?

Thanks - I will give this a try and let you know how it goes

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds