fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Connecting a computer and a keyboard.

More
19 Dec 2011 21:41 #551 by NadiaD
ttteh,

I ran the software on Windows 7, 64-bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2011 01:11 #696 by Bossa
Finally, I set up everything yesterday.
I bought the keyboard Yamaha YPT220 www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YPT-220-Personal-K...id=1324951540&sr=8-1
and MIDI adapter www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JLU26W/ref=oh_o04_s00_i01_details .
I run the program on Windows Vista.
I just run the program, connect the keyboard with the computer, turn it on, and it works.
However the response time was really slow, so I just set the resolution lower in tuning, and everything works perfectly.
I would recommend to buy set like this to anyone, especially for small kids: it's not expensive and works great so far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, NadiaD

More
28 Dec 2011 20:00 #732 by lzp11
Well we have had a bit of a frustrating week! Firstly my old laptop died which was all set up and working well with soft mozart. I thought it would be a straightforward thing to swap to my desktop computer BUT unfortunately not!

I had some very good support and suggestions from the SM admin team but nothing worked and I realised that the problem was with the USB midi cable. I had bought a relatively cheap one from amazon (made by visionaer). So today I went to a local digital music shop and they gave me some good advice to try a MConnect USB to MIDI interface by ARTaccessories.

It is a plug and play model and worked immediately!! I was so happy after a very frustrating and and disappointing week. Now we just hope to get started.......

More
28 Dec 2011 20:24 #734 by hellene

lzp11 wrote: Well we have had a bit of a frustrating week! Firstly my old laptop died which was all set up and working well with soft mozart. I thought it would be a straightforward thing to swap to my desktop computer BUT unfortunately not!

I had some very good support and suggestions from the SM admin team but nothing worked and I realised that the problem was with the USB midi cable. I had bought a relatively cheap one from amazon (made by visionaer). So today I went to a local digital music shop and they gave me some good advice to try a MConnect USB to MIDI interface by ARTaccessories.

It is a plug and play model and worked immediately!! I was so happy after a very frustrating and and disappointing week. Now we just hope to get started.......

Great to hear good news from you! Could you, please, place a picture of this cable or find a link, where people can buy it using Internet?

It is always very important to have an access to reliable interfaces ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
29 Dec 2011 06:23 #752 by lzp11
This might be particularly helpful for people in the UK. Here is a link to the device and and the shop I bought it in:

www.dv247.com/cables/art-m-connect-usb-midi-interface--89473

It can be bought online but I lived close enough to visit one of the three DV247 stores. I really recommend this shop as they were extremely helpful and were happy for me to return the cable and try another one if it did not work. They sell a lot of digital music equipment and instruments so were very familiar with the issues of getting a good cable and were able to give good advice.

More
03 Jan 2012 00:13 #839 by ilovebadcarbs
I bought my MIDI to USB cable for $5.95 from Amazon. I'll let you know soon if it works out, I bought it in a hurry and didn't read any reviews, so I guess I'll just wait and see.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds