fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2014-2015

Eileen, 3y 2mo

More
31 Aug 2015 09:00 #20695 by eileenpiano
Eileen, 3y 2mo was created by eileenpiano
Eileen is 3 years and 2 months. We have just started following the Prep B plans. We tried to do a little when she was 2 year old of Prep A but her little brother was born and we didn't have the free time to do it.

On her first day of Prep B this is what she did:

Score of 5 in Guess Key when playing for 1 minute and singing.

Hot Cross Buns – Right Hand
15 of 15
Time 53

French Song – Right Hand
25 of 28
Time 117

And on her second day (today) this is what she did:

Score of 22 in Guess Key for playing 1 minute and singing

Hot Cross Buns – Right Hand
15 or 15
Time 22

French Song – Right Song
28 of 28
Time 57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2015 09:55 #20697 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Eileen, 3y 2mo
Hello, eileenpiano!
I read all of your numbers. It seems like your child is in eye-hand development stage, when it takes to look for a correct key and corresponding note.
Keep up your good job!
You may consider to upload your video on You Tube and place the link here. This way I will be able to see what else is going on.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: eileenpiano

More
07 Sep 2015 14:06 #20780 by eileenpiano
Replied by eileenpiano on topic Eileen, 3y 2mo
Thank you, we didn't get to practise much last week as it was her first week of school so today was the first I had a chance to take a video.

For Hot Cross Buns right hand she got 15 of 15 and 18.
For French Song she got 28 of 28 and 48.

Here are some links.

More
08 Sep 2015 10:17 - 08 Sep 2015 10:18 #20785 by hellene
Dear Eileenpiano, thank you very much for sharing your videos! Picture worth 1000 words indeed :)
I can clearly see now that your child is on building eye-hand coordination advance stage. Why advance? Because she is now also have enough 'room' in her mind to develop fingers' awareness and starting managing her fingers.
It is obvious to me that right and left hemispheres of your child's brain are in excellent balance: her empiric and logic conduct go hand in hand together. She stops, because she wants to use the right fingers. It is so fun to watch!
Watch, please, the numbers on the right (timer). When it is going to be equal or less then amount of music notes played, it will be time to start working with both hands.
Playing with both hands is going to increase your child's min dramatically.
Keep us posted about your progress!

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 08 Sep 2015 10:18 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eileenpiano

More
08 Sep 2015 10:56 #20788 by eileenpiano
Replied by eileenpiano on topic Eileen, 3y 2mo
Is that a good stage to be at for her age?

In terms of playing with both hands, when the timer does reach that and it is time to start what is the best way to go about it? Should I teach her the left hand separately then get her to put them together once the timer is good with left only? Or is it better to try to add the left hand in to what she is already doing and play both together?

More
08 Sep 2015 20:44 #20793 by hellene

eileenpiano wrote: Is that a good stage to be at for her age?

It is perfectly normal. Before any child can walk, she has to have gravity/feet awareness. The same with the fingers and piano keys. Did you have a chance to read my book 'You CAN be a musician'?

In terms of playing with both hands, when the timer does reach that and it is time to start what is the best way to go about it?

We programmed the software the way that timer is catching any delay in pressing the piano keys. The best way is to see the child being comfortable and time is as close to 0 as possible. Child's comfort is priority, though. Our goal is not the perfect performance, but your child and her confidence and self-esteem.

Should I teach her the left hand separately then get her to put them together once the timer is good with left only?

Ask her. She will tell you, if she is ready.

Or is it better to try to add the left hand in to what she is already doing and play both together?

The key word is the willingness of your child. We can't open the flower petals before they are ready to bloom. Your child is perfect by nature. Let her develop organically. Let me know how it goes!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds