fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2014-2015

Christina's progress diary ( 8 years old )

More
27 Sep 2014 10:27 #16076 by bella
Good morning everybody . I think this is my weak point , my tina is willing and practicing all the time but following the curriculum and keeping a diary is something we have to work on it this year . my question for hellene tina was doing prep level C last year , should we go to level 1 ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2014 00:32 #16089 by hellene
Good morning everybody . I think this is my weak point , my tina is willing and practicing all the time but following the curriculum and keeping a diary is something we have to work on it this year . my question for hellene tina was doing prep level C last year , should we go to level 1 ??

Viv, the difference between the grades is ear training games, music writing and theory. Each student learning piano pieces on their own pace.

So, my question to you: did Tina accomplish all the C requirements for the subjects that I mentioned?

If the answer is yes, she may proceed to the Level 1.

Tina, please, record all of your accomplishments, please! As a very bright girl you may have some difficulties in organizing (all bright people have that problem! :woohoo: )

But if you will be able to handle it, it will help you not just in music, but in life. Sometimes to be bright and even very talented is not enough to become successful: one have to learn patience and discipline. I hope to see your notes!

Back to the Mozart

More
02 Dec 2014 12:26 #16742 by bella
Dear hellene
Tina is practicing her christmas pieces but is getting very frustrated with sight reading left hand and then both hands . She seems to pick up the right hand quickly but get stuck with the left hand . Any advice ?? when practicing do you recommend i insist on her playing one song till she masters it ?? or she can practice few songs at a time ?? What I mean is do you follow certain discipline and order when practicing piano pieces ?? looking forward to your reply xx
viv

More
02 Dec 2014 16:05 #16743 by hellene
Dear hellene
Tina is practicing her christmas pieces but is getting very frustrated with sight reading left hand and then both hands . She seems to pick up the right hand quickly but get stuck with the left hand .

It is very normal

Any advice ??

Lower the level. If she was reading on 6, go to 5, 4 or 2. 2 is the BEST! On 2 she can understand the direct and bold relationship between lines/spaces and the piano keys. Many think that our goal is to move to 6th as quickly as possible, because 2nd became available just recently ;)

As a 'traditional' piano teacher in my past I also was keen to move my students to 6th asap since I didn't know any better. Now, after working with the program for a while I know better: 2nd presentation has to be introduced for much longer to promote the skill of reading music notes.

Please, let me know, what piano pieces Tina is having problems with.

when practicing do you recommend i insist on her playing one song till she masters it ??

no. I recommend to play all pieces 1-2 times, but to set the goal to allow certain amount of mistakes.

or she can practice few songs at a time ??

the goal is not the mastery, but the accuracy of music notes' recognition

What I mean is do you follow certain discipline and order when practicing piano pieces ??

Yes! I described the routine in the lesson plans: www.softmozart.com/forum/63-lesson-plans.html

Back to the Mozart

More
02 Dec 2014 17:08 #16745 by bella
thank you Hellene i have another for you and forgive my ignorance i want to make sure we are using correct finger placement . when you are playing with your fingers right hand first do to fa you use your five fingers , which fingers you use for the following sol and la ?? then you start with do again so you go there with your thumb and the same finger placement like before ??
same question for the left hand ?? please clarify xx

More
02 Dec 2014 17:15 #16746 by hellene
Viv, what piece are you talking about?

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds