fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2014-2015

Learning with little Miss A

More
21 May 2015 10:43 - 21 May 2015 10:45 #18975 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Learning with little Miss A
I think, that your daughter is very smart and have tendency to appreciate advance music. Most likely you gave her very good exposure and listened to classics quite often. However her mind is more developed then her fine motor skills and this is very natural for children of her age. This creates some learning problem since children like to do something, if they CAN.
In developing fine motor skills and both hands cooordination we have to follow 'Chew the big elephant in tiny pieces' rule: Soft Mozart permits you to cut section in Gentle Piano as small as 1-2 notes at a time.
Did you learn how to cut?
Please, open the Gentle Piano - any piano piece - F1
Follow the hot keys
Cut a bar and ask your daughter to play (for example) 3 notes. Let her enjoy playing them and make 3 out of 3. Her auditory perception and fine motor skills are going to be synchronized and she will stop feeling that she can't follow the music with her fingers.
The same with Guess Key: set 30 seconds. Let her go before she lost her interest.
Our ultimate goal is to initiate, motivate, maintain and improve child's inborn cognitive talent - not to enforce on the child our 'beliefs' what and how she supposed to do something.
Hope my suggestions will help you!
Let me know! :)

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 21 May 2015 10:45 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bookworm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2015 12:09 #18977 by Bookworm
Thank you Hellene! You are very kind.

She actually surprises me often with unexpected things, such as singing (or trying to) sing songs in solfeggio or f. e. today she was looking at a pentagram and I asked: "Why do you think some notes are white and some are black" and she said "Because the white ones are longer". This shocked me especially coming from a child who is still learning to talk!!

I'm going to try all your suggestions and come back with feedback - especially the song-cutting thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds