fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2014-2015

Carlyn's Progress Diary

More
14 Sep 2014 07:39 - 20 Sep 2014 21:54 #15944 by carlyngv
I am starting anew with the progress diary. I posted some videos to YouTube.

Greensleeves R5H

I'll have to try the song again blindfolded. I get distracted by looking at the keys.

Greensleeves R5

'Canon in D' R5

Thanks in advance for all your input!
Last edit: 20 Sep 2014 21:54 by hellene. Reason: to create better appearance for the videos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2014 22:32 #16014 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Carlyn's Progress Diary
Hello, Carlyn!
Sorry for being a little late with my reply!
I watched all of your videos and liked your choice very much! You have an excellent posture, proper hand position and very good progress for your start!

As a piano teacher, though, I have some suggestions.

You have great finger awareness, but we have to start working on finger management. Many piano teachers would give you a score of the piece with the finger numbers - I call it 'giving a fish'.

With Soft Mozart we have little different approach, though ;) I would recommend for you to play all the piano exercises for beginners: www.softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-vid...the-first-level.html

I selected these 4 essential exercises for a reason: if you will learn all of them, you will be geared with all the finger management tricks. Well, almost all of them :)

Another suggestion. You had been chosen somewhat difficult piano pieces. Let's chew 'this elephant in smaller pieces'. Did you learn how to cut sections? Please, press the F1 button to learn, how to do that. I also have a video about that:

Working with smaller segments of the song will give you better idea about fingers' management. *But again! Exercises should come first!*

And I have something to ask you Please, copy/paste the link to your videos from the browser window. Links are just links and they are not giving me any visual information when I am glancing through the posts. Identifying the visual material on the spot is very important for many of us!

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds