fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Daven almost 6 years old - Singapore

More
26 Jul 2014 14:29 #15670 by cheyeow
Welcome Daven and Julia. Great start and Daven has good memory skills.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juliva

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2014 14:54 #16061 by juliva
Here is video of Daven playing Jingle Bells

Does he need to master one song at a time without mistake and memorize the song before he can move to a new song?

Can you suggest a good book about theory in playing piano?
We have problem when we move to new song. We have no idea about the finger position and need to search for the video to see how is the finger position for new song.
We have no idea about c position, middle c position before (know it after we borrowed his friend piano lesson book)
It would be nice if you can recommend a good book about playing piano in theory (like fingering, notes, etc)

Thank you

More
25 Sep 2014 19:27 - 25 Sep 2014 19:28 #16062 by hellene
Hello, Juliva!
You asked:

Does he need to master one song at a time without mistake and memorize the song before he can move to a new song?

I think, the best practice would be to pick couple of piano pieces: some can be on memorizing stage - some on mastering - some on reading. The goal of the activity is the enjoyment. Our Winter 'Butterfly Ball' is not about playing all the pieces perfectly well, but about enjoyment playing many pieces.

BTW, after memorizing the piece you can ask to play it with no computer. After that play it with or without metronome with our teaching videos:

www.softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos/page-2.html

Can you suggest a good book about theory in playing piano?

All the books about playing piano are based on the approach of memorizing one note at a time and learning to play piano and read music without seeing the notes and piano keys. We give you a map and GPS and the theory is embedded in all of our lesson plan and activities. Did you have a chance to read our lesson plan? You supposed to follow Prep C: www.softmozart.com/forum/63-lesson-plans...year-old-and-up.html

We have problem when we move to new song. We have no idea about the finger position and need to search for the video to see how is the finger position for new song.

When you start the new piano piece, please, watch the numbers that program is giving you at the end of playing. If the number on the right is greater then the number of the music notes that he played correctly, Daven is still on the eye-hand coordination development stage and to enforce 'correct fingers' on him is premature simply because he doesn't have enough 'room' in hos mind to handle one more task. It is how our brains work!

'Traditional' music teachers start with finger numbers just because they build their approach just on the muscle memory, because beginners look at the notes and keys and can not see them. How blind people move around? Using their muscle memory!

When your child will play the piece with Right, Left and after that Both hands and his number on the right will be less then number on the left, this is the indication that he is ready for finger # suggestions. If he is following my lesson plan and playing all the exercises, he (most likely) will figure the correct fingering himself. In very rare cases he would need any help from any teacher

We have no idea about c position, middle c position before (know it after we borrowed his friend piano lesson book)

Hand position is a tricky way of 'blind mode' teacher to fasten each finger to a certain key and exploit the muscle memory. It it the dead end of piano development and doesn't promote the piano technique making students always dependent from piano teacher that 'make sure that beginner is having proper hand position'... With Soft Mozart Daven won't develop this problem, because we give him the chance to SEE the notes and keys, involve his vision into practice and having all the piano technique exercises and piano pieces on place to NATURALLY develop his technique.

It would be nice if you can recommend a good book about playing piano in theory (like fingering, notes, etc)

Thank you

Soft Mozart has everything that you need for your development. Please, contact KHAILO from our forum. She is a mother of 3 girls that achieved very good results in learning with Soft Mozart. There is no need to place a car in from of horse! We teach applicaion theory - theory that you learn by DOING.
I will contact KHAILO and will ask her to help you!

There are also many professional piano - music teachers that will be able to guide you in this forum. Feel free to write your questions to them in our Master Class section: www.softmozart.com/forum/61-master-classes.html

Just choose the teacher and reply on their topic with your questions.

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 25 Sep 2014 19:28 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juliva

More
26 Sep 2014 07:17 #16065 by juliva
Dear Hellene,

Thank you for you very fast and very details reply. I never learn to play piano before, I thought every piano keys need to be played using the exact correct finger :)

I will read the progress posted by Khailo and learn from her experiences.

I am living in Singapore and I just found out Soft Mozart available in Singapore (Musikal Genesis).
Are they going to give piano lesson using Soft Mozart programme? Will we make more progress if we join their class?

Thank you.

• KHAILO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Oct 2014 19:26 - 01 Oct 2014 19:52 #16138 by KHAILO
Replied by KHAILO on topic Daven almost 6 years old - Singapore
Hello, Juliva and Daven,and Welcome to the SM Academy!

Hellene asked me to share with you my girls' experiences they had with Soft Mozart Academy.
I apologize for the delay in response to her request. We are very busy with the new school year, especially with our oldest starting her first year of high school.
Liliana,our oldest daughter has achieved great results working with the Academy. Here is a link to this year's May Recital(2014) that she participated in:

www.softmozart.com/forum/67-internationa...liana-14-yo-usa.html

These are the results she obtained in only 13 months of learning with the academy.

Eliana, our second daughter, started learning to play the piano at the same time as Liliana. Here is the link to her participation in this year's May Recital;

www.softmozart.com/forum/67-internationa...eliana-8-yo-usa.html

And this is the link to her progress diary for 2013-2014 Soft Mozart Academy school year:

www.softmozart.com/forum/64-2013-2014/12...na-7-yo-level-1.html

Ariana, our youngest child, began learning with the Academy since last October(2013). She also did great in the 8 months of studying with Soft Mozart before taking part in May's Recital(2014)
Here are the links to her 2013-2014 progress diary and May Recital:

www.softmozart.com/forum/64-2013-2014/12...yo-prep-level-b.html

www.softmozart.com/forum/67-internationa...riana-48-yo-usa.html

We do follow Academy's Lesson Plans assignments closely. And love how well organized it is.

Concerning your question about music theory I have to agree with Hellene's earlier response to you: "the theory is embedded in all of lesson plans and activities". Soft Mozart is truly a complete program for musical development.

Regarding your question about finger positioning for new pieces, again, I agree with Hellene's comment: " if Daven is practicing all the exercises(these are incorporated in the Lesson Plans section), he (most likely) will figure the correct fingering himself. In very rare cases he would need any help from any teacher."

I noticed this with my youngest, Ariana. She does often incorporate the finger positioning in new piano pieces on her own without any input from me. We also look up finger placement in Teaching Videos Category, "Exercises for the First Level" topic. When the piece is more complex we ask for help using live Skype consultation.

I hope this will encourage you and give you more confidence in engaging Daven in full participation in SM Academy.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2014 19:52 by KHAILO. Reason: correct text

More
10 Oct 2014 07:15 #16201 by juliva
Hi Khailo,

Thank you very much for taking time off your busy schedule to wrote to me and answer my questions.
Your daughters are playing really well. It encourage us to try our best to follow the lesson plan closely and try our best to follow this programme.

Regards,

Juliva

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds