fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Cooper John 2.9years - Prep A

More
15 Mar 2014 02:37 #14077 by DanielleMarks
Hi Hellena,

I wanted to get started with letting you know what I’ve been doing with Cooper this past week. I have taken a few things from the academy Prep A and what was on the CD for young beginners. Please let me know if I should make any changes to what we are practicing and if I should add or subtract anything.

Week: 9th March - 15th March 2014

1. Music appreciation: We listen to Surprise Symphony’ by Joseph Haydn to start of each lesson

2. Theory: Listen to ‘Music Alphabet Song Chant 01 Track 1’ (Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol-La-Ti-Do)

- He knows this very well, can say/sing it forwards and backwards. Knows which one is flipped over. Puts the cards in order in both directions and knows what each of the symbols represents.
- We then head to the keyboard where I play the octave ascending and descending and he sings along with me.

3. Finger exercises: Right hand and use each finger to play Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol. With left hand, our pinkie on the blue Do and use each finger for Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol. He struggles with this and we will just keep working on it.

4. Guess Key: 5 minutes – right hand

5. Piano Performance: Hot Cross buns – S6 – right hand only

Week 1 results.jpg

Please let me know if there is any details you would like me to add. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Danielle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2014 02:20 - 16 Mar 2014 02:25 #14094 by hellene
Hi, Danielle!

DanielleMarks wrote: Hi Hellena,

I wanted to get started with letting you know what I’ve been doing with Cooper this past week. I have taken a few things from the academy Prep A and what was on the CD for young beginners. Please let me know if I should make any changes to what we are practicing and if I should add or subtract anything.

Week: 9th March - 15th March 2014

1. Music appreciation: We listen to Surprise Symphony’ by Joseph Haydn to start of each lesson

Great! Did you try to play it? At least one hand? R1 or L1?

2. Theory: Listen to ‘Music Alphabet Song Chant 01 Track 1’ (Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol-La-Ti-Do)

- He knows this very well, can say/sing it forwards and backwards. Knows which one is flipped over. Puts the cards in order in both directions and knows what each of the symbols represents.
- We then head to the keyboard where I play the octave ascending and descending and he sings along with me.

Wonderful! Did you try to do it from Re, Mi etc?

3. Finger exercises: Right hand and use each finger to play Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol. With left hand, our pinkie on the blue Do and use each finger for Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol. He struggles with this and we will just keep working on it.

Yes, it takes time. He is at the stage of developing finger awareness. Very important for his brain development.

4. Guess Key: 5 minutes – right hand

Is it 5 min of game time or real time? If it is game time, it is too much for his age. What is the score?

5. Piano Performance: Hot Cross buns – S6 – right hand only

What S6 means? :ohmy:

Week 1 results.jpg

Please let me know if there is any details you would like me to add. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Danielle

I couldn't see any attachment. Was it a picture? You have to make the size smaller to be able to post it. Maybe... :dry:

Do you have any videos of your son work?

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 16 Mar 2014 02:25 by hellene.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds