fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Cooper John 2.9years - Prep A

More
02 Apr 2014 03:17 - 02 Apr 2014 03:21 #14308 by hellene
Hi, Danielle!

DanielleMarks wrote: Hi Hellena,

Hope you've had a great week. We are still waiting for bubs to come, hopefully early this week :)

Week: 16th March - 22nd March 2014

1. Music appreciation: We listen to Surprise Symphony’ by Joseph Haydn to start of each lesson

Did you try to play the piece for Cooper or ask him to play at least couple of the keys?

2. Theory: Listen to ‘Music Alphabet Song Chant 01 Track 1’ (Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol-La-Ti-Do). We also started with Re to Re with the cards and singing along on the keyboard.

Wonderful! VERY IMPORTANT: to learn how to say/place the cards in descending order.

3. 5 Finger exercises: Right hand and Left hand separately. He is getting much better.

Excellent! Wish to see the video.

4. Guess Key: 3 minutes – right hand. We reduced the time from last week, which he is much more comfortable with.

Way to go!

Monday - 47
Wednesday - 63
Friday – 77

I see a steady progress! Please, ask him to say the notes’ names.

5. Piano Performance: I played Surprise Symphony. Then Cooper plays Hot Cross Buns – Screen 1 – right hand, twice, and we introduced left hand on Friday, because Dad is practicing with the left hand and Cooper wanted to try.

Oh, now I see: you do practice the Surprise Symphony! Very good! If Cooper is having problems with coordinating 2 fingers of 1 hand, here we have a trick for him:

[/quote]

Monday - 15/15, 16 and 14/15, 16
Wednesday - 15/15, 44 and 12/15, 37
Friday - (right) 11/15, 42 and 12/15, 28 (left) 19/22, 118

Wow! You are getting there!

My questions for this week:
- Can you buy the musical alphabet MP3's without purchasing the physical CD? When I went to order it, the postage is more than the CD, is there anyway to get around this?

Yes! We have digital version of the song: pianolearningsoftware.com/collections/di...-song-chant-download

- How do you insert a photo. I'm having trouble uploading anything into this blog.

There are some limits in pictures’ sizes. Did you ever try to use some clouds like photobucket.com? They have option to resize the photos and even provide with the code to copy/past it to our forum.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Best Regards,

Sorry for being late with my response! I am trying my best to keep up with the work load.

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 02 Apr 2014 03:21 by hellene.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2014 11:19 #14618 by DanielleMarks
Hi Hellene,

Sorry it has been such a long time for me to write to you. We have been doing music lessons sporadically, and hopefully we have finally found our grove. We had another little boy on the 28th of March, Lewis. He is wonderful, but the sleep deprivation is a killer.

So like I said we have been doing music lessons in bits and pieces but last week we had a good run so I will aim to post every week again.

Week: 27th April - 3rd May 2014

1. Music appreciation: We listen to Surprise Symphony’ by Joseph Haydn to start of each lesson. I will be introducing a new song hopefully tomorrow, we've been listening to Surprise Symphony for two months now.

2. Theory: Listen to ‘Music Alphabet Song Chant 01 Track 1’ (Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol-La-Ti-Do), and play games. Missing note, tell me the symbol etc. He is really good at it.

3. 5 Finger exercises: Right and Left hand separately, and we have just started with both hands together. This has been tricky for him but we will just keep practicing.

4. Guess Key: 3 minutes – right hand.

5. Piano Performance: I played Surprise Symphony. Then Cooper plays Hot Cross Buns – Screen 1 – right hand, twice, and left hand once.

[url=http://
File Attachment:
]Week 4 results[/url]

- When I click on the link above to purchase the digital version of the musical alphabet it charges me for shipping ($26), is there anyway to get around this or do I need to pay for shipping even though it is a digital file?

I hope you've been well, I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Best Regards,

Danielle

Ps: I am working on getting the video's put up, hopefully I'll have this figured out by next week. And I'm sorry I've been spelling your name wrong.

More
06 May 2014 03:04 #14626 by hellene

DanielleMarks wrote: Hi Hellene,

Sorry it has been such a long time for me to write to you. We have been doing music lessons sporadically, and hopefully we have finally found our grove. We had another little boy on the 28th of March, Lewis. He is wonderful, but the sleep deprivation is a killer.

Congratulations!

So like I said we have been doing music lessons in bits and pieces but last week we had a good run so I will aim to post every week again.

Week: 27th April - 3rd May 2014

1. Music appreciation: We listen to Surprise Symphony’ by Joseph Haydn to start of each lesson. I will be introducing a new song hopefully tomorrow, we've been listening to Surprise Symphony for two months now.

It is very effective, if you would also play the theme from the symphony.

2. Theory: Listen to ‘Music Alphabet Song Chant 01 Track 1’ (Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol-La-Ti-Do), and play games. Missing note, tell me the symbol etc. He is really good at it.

Great!

3. 5 Finger exercises: Right and Left hand separately, and we have just started with both hands together. This has been tricky for him but we will just keep practicing.

Please, do! It is very important for the Corpus Callosum development

4. Guess Key: 3 minutes – right hand.

How many points do you get?

5. Piano Performance: I played Surprise Symphony. Then Cooper plays Hot Cross Buns – Screen 1 – right hand, twice, and left hand once.

[url=http://

]Week 4 results[/url]

- When I click on the link above to purchase the digital version of the musical alphabet it charges me for shipping ($26), is there anyway to get around this or do I need to pay for shipping even though it is a digital file?

You don't have to pay any shipping. Did you go through with your order? We checked the back end of the store and it is set for download. If you still having a problem, please, write to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. : we will hel

I hope you've been well, I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Best Regards,

Danielle

Ps: I am working on getting the video's put up, hopefully I'll have this figured out by next week. And I'm sorry I've been spelling your name wrong.[/quote]

Video will be a great help!

Back to the Mozart

More
06 May 2014 03:05 #14627 by hellene
Danielle,
Please, just type a score instead of picture: it is hard to comment without seeing it actual figures.

Back to the Mozart

More
10 May 2014 10:02 - 10 May 2014 14:30 #14698 by DanielleMarks
Hi Hellene,

We found our groove this week and Cooper is loving the consistency we've been having with music lessons. Here's what we've been up to.

1. Music Appreciation: We started listening to Engelbert Humperdinck - Hansel and Gretel - The Overture. I will start playing it on gentle piano this week Just a quick question: the composer is Engelbert Humperdinck, is the composition called "The Overture" and it's from the musical Hansel and Gretel. Is that correct?

2. Theory: We started on Re to Re, with the music CD and cards this week. Did you want to see a video of this part of the lesson as well?

3. Five Finger Exercises: We continued practicing our five finger exercises with both left, right and two hands together. See video link below.

4. Guess Key School: Cooper played for three minutes with right hand, also singing along. See video below.

Results:
Monday - 41
Tuesday - 43
Wednesday - 66
Thursday - 67

5. Gentle Piano: Cooper continued to practice Hot Cross Buns with left and right hands separately. We listen to it first, then I play with both hands and then he plays right hand twice and left hand once or twice depending on his attention span that day.

Results:
Monday Right 15/15 8 - 13/15 15 Left 21/22 33
Tuesday Right 14/15 11 - 11/15 22 Left 12/22 81
Wednes Right 10/15 15 - 14/15 18 Left 17/21
Thursday Right 12/15 16 - 15/15 13 Left 19/22 33

Video link:

I'm glad I've finally figured out how to do the video. Please let me know if there is any other details you want me to include each week or video tape for you.

I hope you had a great week! It's Mother's Day here tomorrow, so happy Mother's Day from Australia.

Danielle
Last edit: 10 May 2014 14:30 by DanielleMarks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
17 May 2014 12:27 - 17 May 2014 13:17 #14758 by DanielleMarks
Hi Hellene,

Hope you've had a great week, here is what we've been up to.

Week: 11th - 17th May 2014

1. Music Appreciation: We are listening to Engelbert Humperdinck - Hansel and Gretel - The Overture. I have been playing Slumber Song on Gentle Piano to go along with this.

2. Theory: We continued with Re to Re, with the music CD and cards this week.

3. Finger Exercises: We continued practicing our five finger exercises with both left, right and two hands together.

4. Guess Key School: Cooper played for three minutes with right hand, also singing along. See video below.

Results:
Monday 24
Wednesday 45
Friday 36

5. Gentle Piano: Cooper continued to practice Hot Cross Buns with left and right hands separately. We listen to it first, then I play with both hands and then he plays right hand twice and left hand twice.

Results:
Monday. Right 15/15 14 - 11/15 21 Left 17/22 45 - 18/22 34
Wednesd Right 13/15 16 - 13/15 20 Left 21/22 29 - 17/22
Friday Right 14/15 12 - 12/15 22 Left -

I hope you have a wonderful week! Please let me know if there is anything you'd like me to change in our music lessons.

Danielle
Last edit: 17 May 2014 13:17 by DanielleMarks.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds