fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Djamila & Jaron

• Asara
  • Asara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jan 2014 13:47 #12668 by Asara
Djamila & Jaron was created by Asara
Hello,
We will start with Prep Level A and B.
- What does it mean with "Hot cross buns" - not to play the left hand, should the child play just the right hand?
- So the parent should play it with R, L ,B hands.... when should the child try /begin to play?
- Should we "try" to have the children play once a day?
- Once a day everything, or may they choose what they prefer....
Thanks
Astrid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2014 02:54 #13347 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Djamila & Jaron
Hi, Asara!
How are you?

Asara wrote: Hello,
We will start with Prep Level A and B.
- What does it mean with "Hot cross buns" - not to play the left hand, should the child play just the right hand?

First kids have to play one hand at a time. When they easily find all the keys, you may move on to playing using 2 hands.

The best way to check is to watch the time (on the right) on computer monitor. If amount is greater then amount of correct notes (on the left), kids need more practice with separate hands. If time is equal or less then notes' amount, they are ready to play using both hands.

- So the parent should play it with R, L ,B hands.... when should the child try /begin to play?

It will be easier for me to answer this question, if I would see your videos. Did you learn to play the piece?

- Should we "try" to have the children play once a day?

The program has to be accessible every day. Once a day quality practice would be awesome! But 2-3 times a day and everyday here and there is better. Little portions - many times the best rout for very beginners

- Once a day everything, or may they choose what they prefer....
Thanks
Astrid

Tell me more about your setting and I will be able to help you. How are you practicing now?

Back to the Mozart

• Asara
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Jan 2014 10:27 #13362 by Asara
Replied by Asara on topic Djamila & Jaron
We are playing about 4 times a week. They prefer dancing on the pieces.

Jaron:
- is trying the finder exercise with me sometimes, mostly just the right hand.
- Hot Cross Buns: his best score was 11p ind 46s, that was the only time he was under 100s.
- French song and surprise symphony: dancing
- Press key game, so far he did it 3 times for 30sec and had 6,4 and 9 p

Djamila:
- she is starting to get better with the finger exercise and does R,L,B
- Hot Cross Buns: she can play teh right hand since a year, her best score now 15p in 9s. LH she tried twice: 12p in 96s and 11p in 83s
- French song, she did twice R, 26p in 33s, than 21p in 105s
-suprise symphony she was dancing a lot and played twice, on time R 38p in 100s, than Both hands 41p in 171s
- Guess key game highest score 58p in 30s (often 30s is almost too long)
- she likes to play the note duration game - should I make that mor unvisible, becuase I think she needs progress elsewhere before she should go on with that one... not sure if there is a lot of progress

They often say they do not wanna play when I ask them...tried to give them little treats, but I do not like the dynamic of playing just to get a treat...
Thanks Astrid

More
24 Jan 2014 15:39 #13369 by hellene
Astrid,
How old are they?
Do you follow the lesson plan that I developed fr different ages?
softmozart.com/forum/63-school-year-2013-2014.html

Back to the Mozart

• Asara
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Jan 2014 22:47 #13373 by Asara
Replied by Asara on topic Djamila & Jaron
Jaron is getting 3 in march, Djamila got 5 two month ago. I thought we try follow them. They are actually pretty similar I found. Are you missing something? Is sth wrong what we did? :unsure:

More
26 Jan 2014 05:03 #13447 by hellene

Asara wrote: Jaron is getting 3 in march, Djamila got 5 two month ago. I thought we try follow them. They are actually pretty similar I found. Are you missing something? Is sth wrong what we did? :unsure:

Wow! your kids are really little!
Yes, the prep levels are similar!
Please, give me more information in forms of videos to see, how they develop, You don't have to expose their faces, if you don't want to, but the hands and fingers will be helpful.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds