fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Teaching Videos

Finger position help

More
01 Dec 2017 13:31 #27398 by clayton8203

Tessa is learning Surprise symphony for the butterfly ball and we are not sure of some of the correct fingering. I have attached a video. When she needs to stretch her fingers it gets awkward and I am not sure hot to help her. If there are videos on this we would be happy to watch them.

Thank you,
Sarah Clayton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2017 10:53 #27425 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Finger position help
Hello, Sarah!
I watched video of Tessa and very impressed with her progress. She developed excellent eye-hand and both hands coordination, fine motor skills. Her playing is smooth and shows very good ear for music. I see also her fingers' management on the making.

clayton8203 wrote:
Tessa is learning Surprise symphony for the butterfly ball and we are not sure of some of the correct fingering. I have attached a video. When she needs to stretch her fingers it gets awkward and I am not sure hot to help her. If there are videos on this we would be happy to watch them.

Thank you,
Sarah Clayton

Here is my short article about the fingering with my Method: www.softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hine...w-book.html?start=24

Tessa picked all the correct fingering organically. In only one place she can play high Do with pinky and Fa# with index. However, it is not crucial.

With the Method that heavily depend on muscle memory fingering comes first. Our students don't develop bad habits, if they use 'wrong' set of fingers. Our goal is not to fasten fingers to keys, but to play as many piano pieces as possible to develop music mind and freedom to play anything with music notation and without. It seems to me like your child is on the right track.

I am so looking forward to hear her recital on our Butterfly Ball!

What other pieces are you practicing?

BTW, here is the link to our TEACHING VIDEOS: www.softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos.html

Back to the Mozart

More
07 Dec 2017 10:12 #27451 by clayton8203
Replied by clayton8203 on topic Finger position help
Thank you, I will see if that is more comfortable to her. She is also still working on French song, and she is playing Jingle Bells, Hot Cross Buns, Ode to joy and she has just really began practicing slumber song. She asks to play something new on almost a daily basis, so she has tried many other songs as well.

More
12 Dec 2017 16:29 #27465 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Finger position help

clayton8203 wrote: Thank you, I will see if that is more comfortable to her.

Tell me now! How is it?

She is also still working on French song, and she is playing Jingle Bells, Hot Cross Buns, Ode to joy and she has just really began practicing slumber song.

5 buyyetflies are almost there! ;)

She asks to play something new on almost a daily basis, so she has tried many other songs as well.

It is exactly what we need for the winter recital! Quantity (not quality) to combat perfectionism.

She can play as many pieces as she wants and will receive a butterfly for each.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olga Egorova

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds