fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Suggestion Box

USB/MIDI Cable w/product?

More
13 Feb 2012 22:55 #1947 by QueRiquita
B) i know it's a stretch, but it would have been soooo nice to have had a plug and play usb/midi cable :-( not only did i have to wait almost two months to finally get one (deciding on the product, ordering, waiting, receiving the product, then all the time it took before i realized i needed something, realized what that something was, found it, ordered it and got it in) but it came today and i've spent ALL DAY trying to get it to work - with no success. i am so ready to get the kids playing so this was a total crush. anyway, just venting while wishful thinking ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2012 23:59 #1951 by Mandabplus3
Oh yes a few of us got the program before our midi turned up, my midi turned up before my program boy was that frustrating. Tey are listed as a requirement and softmozart sell them too. But I guess we don't always read all of the info..I was told on the forum :)
Now for the connecting up! the midis often plug in the opposite way to what you think they will, midi out to midi in (and in to out) is most common. please try swapping over they way you have plugged them in to the back of the piano. Also on my laptop I need to re plug in my midi USB end each time I shut down my laptop. It doesn't seem to recognize that it has one plugged in after a sleep. I need to turn on the laptop and then plug in the USB end before opening gentle piano. Finally the silver USB crypto key MUST be plugged in for it to work at all. Leave it in the same USB hole each time too.
Dont be too frustrated, a number of us had some difficulties but some just got it first time. If you are using AGV switch to Avast before you start too! Post any more questions we will help! Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD, QueRiquita

More
14 Feb 2012 03:43 - 14 Feb 2012 03:44 #1963 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic USB/MIDI Cable w/product?
Queriquita,

Let us know if you were able to connect the keyboard.

Here are the helpful links to read :
softmozart.com/index.php/forum/15-learni...y-breezy-guide-.html
softmozart.com/forum/12-technical-questo...-and-a-keyboard.html
softmozart.com/teaching/how-to-get-start...it-for-yourself.html
softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-experie...first-time-user.html
""The program includes different games that teach play the piano. If you want to get an idea of that just go to the Our Library - Videos - Instructional. Look through them. Firstly you'll see how to better teach children using the program, then there are videos with different exercises that is important to practice ( you can teach your child to do them even before buying the program), and then there are some videos that show how to play different games. So, you'll get the idea about the software.
Also, you can print the flash cards or use slides to teach solfeggio that is very important. You know your child better, so you can decide how to teach ".
It is good idea that you started to learn solfeggio symbols even before showing her keyboard. I did it with my DD too, and when I showed her the keyboard with the stickers, it was like she saw there her old friends.
According to the 1st Week lesson plan she will start playing with the right hand, so it helped me to have only 8 stickers (Middle Do to Do) to keep my DD less distracted. Then for the second week you can add more stickers.
Last edit: 14 Feb 2012 03:44 by NadiaD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QueRiquita

More
14 Feb 2012 04:34 #1968 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic USB/MIDI Cable w/product?

QueRiquita wrote: B) i know it's a stretch, but it would have been soooo nice to have had a plug and play usb/midi cable :-( not only did i have to wait almost two months to finally get one (deciding on the product, ordering, waiting, receiving the product, then all the time it took before i realized i needed something, realized what that something was, found it, ordered it and got it in) but it came today and i've spent ALL DAY trying to get it to work - with no success. i am so ready to get the kids playing so this was a total crush. anyway, just venting while wishful thinking ;-)

Would you like us to help you?
Please, send us your phone number at admin @ softmozart.com and someone will get with you on that shortly.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: QueRiquita

More
16 Feb 2012 19:08 #2036 by QueRiquita
omg, thank you for the reply - it's nice to know i'm not alone. would you believe that 2 days, 2 computers, 3 keyboards, and 3 usb/midi cables later - and i STILL don't have a working setup :-( i'm not even sure what agv/avast is *sigh* i've tried the suggestions, too, and have called the usb/midi company and had them walk me through driver updates and different ways of trying to get it to work. nada. yet. i'm not giving up. i'm just really not trying to pay $50 for each usb/midi cable (i need three). the program + the keyboards + that price for a cable ... way too much - no? anyway, my time is about to go down to less than $0.01/hr if i keep this up, so who knows. i can't seem to locate anything in the program to even help me figure it out. the best i could do was download a copy of synthesia (also a really neat program - free) and go through their setup page. there's power to the cable and information is transferred from the computer to the keyboard, but no info is going through from the keyboard to the computer. we have a korg and two yamahas. any and all suggestions are most appreciated! :-)

More
16 Feb 2012 19:12 #2037 by QueRiquita
such good ideas. there's so much going on right now, with the upcoming conference planning, and work, and no help with the kids ... i think i'm allowing this simple step to overwhelm me. it's nice to be reminded of work-arounds and to just take a step back and enjoy. thanks, nadia, for the suggestions on how to keep plugging away at teaching :-)

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds