fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Suggestion Box

USB/MIDI Cable w/product?

More
16 Feb 2012 19:14 #2038 by QueRiquita
sorry for the jumbled replies - i just realized quick reply didn't automatically quote. :-) anyway, hellene, YES, thank you. will send it over soon. thanks!

hellene wrote:

QueRiquita wrote: B) i know it's a stretch, but it would have been soooo nice to have had a plug and play usb/midi cable :-( not only did i have to wait almost two months to finally get one (deciding on the product, ordering, waiting, receiving the product, then all the time it took before i realized i needed something, realized what that something was, found it, ordered it and got it in) but it came today and i've spent ALL DAY trying to get it to work - with no success. i am so ready to get the kids playing so this was a total crush. anyway, just venting while wishful thinking ;-)

Would you like us to help you?
Please, send us your phone number at admin @ softmozart.com and someone will get with you on that shortly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2012 21:42 #2042 by Mandabplus3
Any luck yet? My midi was only $12 off eBay.... I wish I had a link for you. It had good reviews and has been no trouble. If you need three it is a bargain!
AGV is a free anti virus program you can see if you run it by typing it into your search box under the start menu. If it finds something then we recommend you switch to Avast ( also free). There is a conversation about it on the forum here somewhere....
But first you need to get the computer and keyboard talking!

More
04 Mar 2012 07:39 #2363 by QueRiquita
update: i FINALLY got a working usb/midi cable = YAY!! note: it was $5 from amazon. it is the one with the treble clef on the front. you have to be careful, though, bc my first go 'round i ordered one with the treble clef, according to the pic, but that's not what i received and, as you well know now, i wasted tons of time and, worse, energy!, on one that didn't work. luckily, they sent me a return shipping label to send them back (i ordered three) and get a refund. i have to wait to connect the other two first, but at least we're rockin' and rollin' with one now! hooray! ... or should i 'say' "do-RAY! ... mi fa so la ti do ;)"

More
08 Mar 2012 07:39 #2418 by accionpiano
Don't you find that Edirol from Roland are the easiest midi interfaces?. We have tried with many different. Edirol from Roland is indeed plug and play.
Many parents in our school have problems with other brands.

More
08 Mar 2012 15:46 #2424 by QueRiquita
honestly, i'm not even familiar with the brand of the one we bought! :P i just now that we found it on amazon and it was in the $5 - $6 range, including shipping and has a treble clef on the front :) we downloaded an updated driver for it, which didn't take long, and was pretty simple to do. this was probably because the first one we ordered was from a company with FANTASTIC customer service - via phone and online! Unfortunately, what they sent was NOT the treble clef midi cable; it was a different one - they were out of stock of the treble clef and thought a similar replacement would work the same - it did NOT. I had to return (for free) and order from another company, since the company was out of stock. anyway, i will include their email and the link with the 'how to' for getting the driver to work here: hope that it helps someone. :-)

here is the email:

Dear Customer,

We are sorry about this. Please check the link below which may contain useful information to troubleshoot the issue you may have at hand:

forum.cecompass.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37

If you need further technical assistance, please reply back to this email and provide us with information related to your setup so our technical support may further assist you.

If you wish to proceed with a return or exchange, you can use the link below to request a return online:

service.cecompass.com

Once you have submitted the request, our system will send you an email with information on how to send it back. Please make sure your spam filter does not block the email.

Please let us know if there's anything else.

Thank you,
CE Compass.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds