fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

2 year old Isabella learning with Soft Mozart

More
02 Jan 2012 19:04 #835 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: Thank you, lzp11 for the words of encouragement!
I am sure you will do great! I think even better than us :)

Nadia, there is no comparison between different learners. As you noticed, the program gives everyone an opportunity to compete with… self. This is what I think is the most important motivation component. As a piano/music teacher for 30+ years, I learned my lesson: you NEVER know, what each student is going to pursue in a lifetime. What is important - is LOVE and joy. And you are excellent in it! Your creativity and passion are the most important in this experience!

I think even if we do minimum, it will be still better than nothing.

Absolutely! Also, keep in mind, the escalation in learning is not a straight line from the bottom to top. There are some marking time and even downfalls on the way. The patience and consistency is a key.

I want my children to love the piano, to cherish this time that we spend together learning how to play, to have their favorite tunes that they can play... I hope that piano will be a part of their happy childhood memories.

Absolutely! They also will be more skilled in life and will percept life in the fullest.

Days 6 and 7 / Week 3 of SoftMozart
These 2 days we were not able to stay very organized. We did a lot of everything, but I was not writing down any scores except Guess The Key game: Day 6 -35, Day 7- 39. I see with this game the more she plays the more she likes it. The hardest part get her to start the game, then once at it she is able to play a minute or so without any prompts from my side!

Yes, this game develops ability to focus and keeping to be focused for more and more extended time. I am glad that I am seeing it happening.

This was a holiday weekend, my DH was at home and Isabella gladly was playing Gentle piano with him. I also paid more attention to her fingering and with the L hand she is easily does it correct way, but with the right hand she does it her own way, playing only with her pointer. after she done playing I take her hand and show her which fingers she needs to use to play Do, Re , Mi . I am really happy that this program allows you to follow the child's lead .

When the number of seconds (on the right) will be less then amount of notes played, you will be able to correct her fingering easily.

DD did coloring of the page from the "Kingdom of Tune" book with Daddy and I told the story to both of them. They were discussing the details of the story while I was doing housework.
I was showing my DD the Hanon exercise by placing her fingers one by one on the correct keys . She now is sticking thumb of the right hand to Middle Do :) We are working on saying ‘stretch 1 2 3 4 5 6 7'

Great! One small step at a time…

Well, it was another good week!

So excited to continue using SM with my DD in this brand new 2012!
Happy New Year!
May it be an amazing Year for all of us!

We are excited to having your family with us!
Great job, Nadia!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD, QueRiquita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2012 05:33 #876 by NadiaD
I decided to keep recording our learning experience in one thread , just to keep better track of our progress.

Days 1 and 2 / Week 4 of SoftMozart.

A. Theory:

We started to learn to put cards from Mi to Mi in ascending and descending order while listening to Music Alphabet chant. We did solfege hopscotch and played with solfege dolls :)
Today I printout lesson plan for the following 4 weeks, and according to it, next week we will be starting "Note Alphabet" game. For playing that game is crucial to know order of the notes, so I am focusing on it.

B. Finger Exercises:

Played Guess the Key Game a minute each day.
day 1- score 37
day 2 - score 42
i am sure my Dd can score much better, but she gets distracted very easily . also I encourage her to sing the solfege names of the notes while playing GK game.

Hanon 1: attempting to do exercise couple times throughout the day.

C. Piano performance with Gentle Piano.

Practiced playing HCB with 2 hands.
her today's scores:
P1 33 of 37 / 61
P2 35 of 37/ 48

D. Historical/ Cultural, using the book "the Kingdom of Tune"

DD was telling me story about the sounds, and we colored the pictures from the book together.

More
06 Jan 2012 03:05 - 06 Jan 2012 05:28 #914 by NadiaD
I will write later tonight, this is just new videos of Isabella playing HCB with 2 hands:

(excuse our open door to the bathroom, we usually keep it open so she can run to use the potty, and I forgot to close it when was filming... :oops: )

Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 05:28 by NadiaD.

More
06 Jan 2012 03:12 #915 by ttteh
Nadia,

Keep the video coming. I love to see Isabella playing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, NadiaD

More
06 Jan 2012 05:21 - 06 Jan 2012 05:24 #916 by NadiaD
Days 3 and 4 / Week 4 of SoftMozart.

A. Theory:

Though I was determined to focus on Music Alphabet these days - it did not happened :unsure: .... We watched LR files, listened to the chant, but did less than in the beginning of the week. I played a little Note Alphabet and Isabella was watching me play.

B. Finger Exercises:

day 3- score 33
day 4 - score 48( Today she was paying attention and not fooling around, so you can see the difference. This score is what she can do, but a it is difficult to keep all her bubbling energy under control even for a minute... I want her to enjoy practicing, and even though that sometimes I am strict, most of the times I let her go her pace if she is having fun.)

Hanon 1: attempting to do exercise couple times throughout the day. Mostly she watches me play, holds down note Do with thumb , and trying to repeat "skip, 1,2,3,..." Now Isabella agrees to work on 5 finger exercise, we are seeing the progress with it.

After watching Isabella stumble while playing JB using Left hand ( she already memorizes HCB sequence,where you switching between Do - Sol and Fa - Sol combos (in JB, it is mostly Do-Sol, and DD was all the time trying to play Fa-Sol) I decided to let her practice couple different songs through out the day. Today DD for the first time tried to play French Song and Ode to Joy. She also practiced playing HCB with 2 hands.
Her today's Scores:
File Attachment:

I really hope that you will not have problem reading it from the photo...
Through out the day i write down the scores on the dry erase board, just to keep track of things played....

DD loves to color the pages of the "KT" book. Yesterday I also print out the page from the next week lesson plan, so I could rotate .
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 05:24 by NadiaD.

More
06 Jan 2012 18:12 #934 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: Days 3 and 4 / Week 4 of SoftMozart.

A. Theory:

Though I was determined to focus on Music Alphabet these days - it did not happened :unsure: .... We watched LR files, listened to the chant, but did less than in the beginning of the week. I played a little Note Alphabet and Isabella was watching me play.

B. Finger Exercises:

day 3- score 33
day 4 - score 48( Today she was paying attention and not fooling around, so you can see the difference. This score is what she can do, but a it is difficult to keep all her bubbling energy under control even for a minute... I want her to enjoy practicing, and even though that sometimes I am strict, most of the times I let her go her pace if she is having fun.)

Hanon 1: attempting to do exercise couple times throughout the day. Mostly she watches me play, holds down note Do with thumb , and trying to repeat "skip, 1,2,3,..." Now Isabella agrees to work on 5 finger exercise, we are seeing the progress with it.

After watching Isabella stumble while playing JB using Left hand ( she already memorizes HCB sequence,where you switching between Do - Sol and Fa - Sol combos (in JB, it is mostly Do-Sol, and DD was all the time trying to play Fa-Sol) I decided to let her practice couple different songs through out the day. Today DD for the first time tried to play French Song and Ode to Joy. She also practiced playing HCB with 2 hands.
Her today's Scores:

I really hope that you will not have problem reading it from the photo...
Through out the day i write down the scores on the dry erase board, just to keep track of things played....

DD loves to color the pages of the "KT" book. Yesterday I also print out the page from the next week lesson plan, so I could rotate .

Nadia, the progress is excellent. Now you dear toddler is playing several songs using two hands. I looked at the scores and they are pretty good! Left hand is having wonderful improvement!

Of cause, coordination of both hands in a process of building, but HCB is getting very close to the point, when you can hear the song's flow. I would strongly recommend keep singing solfeggio when songs are being played.

You can start hiding notes in HCB for memorisation.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds