fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Dean week 5 beginner adult

More
09 Apr 2012 13:09 - 10 Apr 2012 15:33 #2854 by dean13
My new cam cord has just arrived so i am going to attempt to
up load my videos of largo, musette, and morning mood that i have
been practicing for the last 2 weeks, i never uploaded a video before
so hopefully i can get this right on the first try, if i did not upload it correctly please let me know so i can try to fix it ,Thanks .

"

"

"
Last edit: 10 Apr 2012 15:33 by dean13. Reason: HAD TO REWRITE....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2012 02:28 #2880 by Mandabplus3
I need one of those clapping hands icons :) great stuff Dean!
thanks for loading your videos, I learnt something about timing watching you play. You are very steady with your beats...I am more bull at the gate :lol: I could learn a thing or two with your patience.
So you have no stickers or key guides? Do you use them at all? What presentation are you playing in for the videos? You are making fast progress. Great work.
To get the videos to show up as a picture you need to go to Utube, play the video, select the entire web adress from the top left bar, copy it and then paste it strait into your post. (much easier to do with two pages/tabs open at once, and a challenge on the Ipad, the first time! :ohmy: )
Dont bother with any of the Utube instructions for doing it...they just complicate a simple process. How unusual! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dean13

More
11 Apr 2012 03:53 #2887 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Dean week 5 beginner adult

dean13 wrote: My new cam cord has just arrived so i am going to attempt to
up load my videos of largo, musette, and morning mood that i have
been practicing for the last 2 weeks, i never uploaded a video before
so hopefully i can get this right on the first try, if i did not upload it correctly please let me know so i can try to fix it ,Thanks .

Dear Dean, thank you for the videos! If you want us to see the screen, please, copy/past the address from your browser's window.

"

I enjoyed seeing your coordination in making! Wonderful! The only suggestion in 'Largo': when you see the quarter note with dot (first note in the right hand, for example) - count 1,2,3 and the next eighth note is 4. Note with a dot 3 times longer... If you will manage, record it for me to check. Otherwise, let me know, if you need more of my assistance!

"

I like the way you played the 'Morning Mood'! Great job! Did someone help you to pick up the right fingers? If you did it all by yourself - wonderful! However, in the left hand, for some reason, you 'skipped' middle E, but (just in case!) added it in the end. It is telling me that you rely on your music memory. It is your strong point.

Also, a question. Do you practice piano exercises?

"

'Musette'... great job for beginner! I am so impressed with coordination development. We have to improve rhythm a little. Please, press 6 for the original mode and take a look at your right hand. The half note at the beginning, let's say, is TA-A - longest note in this piece.

The eighth notes that are placed under the 'roof' are 4 times faster. Let's say, they are ti-ti-ti-ti. Each TA-A has 4 ti-ti-ti-ti , . Please, try to sing the song like this: TA-A ti-ti-ti-ti TA-A ti-ti-ti-ti ti-ti Ta Ta Ta Ta Ta Ta Ta

Next part is almost the same:
TA-A ti-ti-ti-ti
TA-A ti-ti-ti-ti
ti-ti TA TA TA
TA TA TA-A

Please, let me know, if I explain it for you. Orgerwise, we can schedule a meeting on Skype for further assistance!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: dean13

More
11 Apr 2012 21:13 #2903 by dean13
Replied by dean13 on topic Dean week 5 beginner adult
Thank you Manda,
No i don't use the stickers or key guides i learned a little music theory a while ago so i just kind of remember where all the notes are on the piano thats all, also the presentation i was playing was largo, morning mood and musette , i am just learning how to up load and paste the videos from utube so thank you Manda for the advice on how to do it, i guess the more i do it the better i will get :).

More
11 Apr 2012 22:54 #2905 by dean13
Replied by dean13 on topic Dean week 5 beginner adult
Hi Hellene and thank you,
I will follow all your suggestions that you gave, i have not been practicing any piano exercises, how ever i did studied some music theory in the past where i use to practice five finger exercises on the piano that is why i have some idea of where to place my fingers when i play, but if you think i should practice more exercises then i will just let me know which ones you would suggest, also do you think i should move on to some new songs to practice yet ? if so which ones would you recommend ?, thanks...Dean

More
12 Apr 2012 00:11 #2906 by Mandabplus3
AHah one day I will remember where those notes are on the piano too. :unsure: It may take awhile. Perhaps I will learn before we wear out our stickers!
"Presentation" means what number you press to play in. 1,2,3,4,5,6 each gives a different picture. I use 3 mostly, but I was thinking if you can find the keys without stickers then your sight reading would be beter than mine so perhaps you are using 5 or 6? Just curious.
There is a rather funny post on the forum i started about how to load utube clips, and photos. Yep I was completely clueless! Read it when you need to load a photo.
I think you could try a harder piece from the same album while you polish and memorise those ones. The more I challenge myself the better I get. Effective practice that stretches gives better progress over time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds