fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

adult beginner week 3

More
19 Mar 2012 22:26 #2571 by dean13
adult beginner week 3 was created by dean13
Its been 3 weeks now since i received my SM and so far so good , the games that i have been playing- bass school, treble staff, guess key, fruit lines, and note alphabet i have been playing one or two of them a day, i play the game to the end and it takes me any where between 19 to 24 min to complete, the first week it took me about 40min on each game so i guess i am improving, in the gentle piano I am working on my last song in the Introductory section and i guess from there i will be moving on to the nursery 1 songs as suggested from the directions that came with my SM. Boy I tell you as many of you all ready know,WOW getting both hands to cooperate with each other as you play it is for sure a challenge :), Peace...........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2012 01:14 #2575 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic adult beginner week 3
well done in 2 months I have never played to the end of any game! let alone in 20 minutes :)
Now I am no expert (being on my 3rd month) at this but I am thinking if you are managing the games so well then you probably need to play a more difficult piece from gentle piano. I am currently working through favourite classics 1, perhaps you are up for a challenge? I was playing the album you are now playing, introductory, and was having LOTS of trouble getting my hands coordinated and working together so I went looking for something harder :lol: Try Largo (if you like it) learn it right hand only until it is memorised then add the left. I find my hands behave themselves if I learn the right hand properly first! Also now that I have learnt a piece or two from Fav Classics 1 I have no trouble getting both my hands to play the introductory songs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, dean13

More
20 Mar 2012 02:13 #2577 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic adult beginner week 3

dean13 wrote: Its been 3 weeks now since i received my SM and so far so good , the games that i have been playing- bass school, treble staff, guess key, fruit lines, and note alphabet i have been playing one or two of them a day, i play the game to the end and it takes me any where between 19 to 24 min to complete, the first week it took me about 40min on each game so i guess i am improving, in the gentle piano I am working on my last song in the Introductory section and i guess from there i will be moving on to the nursery 1 songs as suggested from the directions that came with my SM. Boy I tell you as many of you all ready know,WOW getting both hands to cooperate with each other as you play it is for sure a challenge :), Peace...........

Hi dean,
It seems like you are making a steady progress with music theory games!
If you play the games in less then 20 minutes of game time and feel comfortable, switch I to A or vise verse to learn and Solfeggio and ABC
As for playing songs and coordination development... It is really taking more time and effort, because these are skills development and practice.
I think, you don't have to go to Nursery Songs unless you want to...
I would recommend you to jump to Favorite Classics 1 and try 'Musette', 'Morning Mood' and 'Largo'
Are you practicing any piano exercises?

It would be very helpful, if you will record your playing on video and let me see your hands to be able to give you better advice.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: dean13

More
20 Mar 2012 15:07 #2584 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic adult beginner week 3
I often find it REALLY hard to get both hands working together! :lol:
What works best for me is to practice right hand first until I can play it accurately. Then try to memorize it (press RH). Once I can play this quite accurately (less than five mistakes) then I do the same with the left hand - practice alone until accurate and then memorize.
THEN I try to play both together. I find it a lot easier if both hands already know what they are supposed to be doing separately to then slowly start the coordination issue of trying to do both at once. At this point my scores always drop massively so don't be downhearted - I think this is normal!
Good luck and keep us posted - would be great to see a video of your progress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dean13

More
20 Mar 2012 17:42 #2587 by dean13
Replied by dean13 on topic adult beginner week 3
Hello Hellene,
I will start to work on Favorite Classics 1 and try 'Musette', 'Morning Mood' and 'Largo' as you suggest thank you..........

I have not been practicing piano exercise, what would you recommend for me?, also right now I have know way to record myself on video, i am currently working on that so hopefully in the very near future i will be able to video myself for you.............

More
20 Mar 2012 17:53 - 20 Mar 2012 18:05 #2588 by dean13
Replied by dean13 on topic adult beginner week 3
Sorry Mistake.....
Last edit: 20 Mar 2012 18:05 by dean13. Reason: mistake

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds