fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Autumn 2.5 years progress

More
02 Aug 2016 17:52 #24015 by gravitysdepth
It has been a busy 2 weeks with family visiting for one of those 2 weeks. Unfortunately, we got about 1 week of lessons into 2 weeks (I would have like to have done more).

Autumn seems to be grasping the “Do Re Mi” segments and is able to place flash cards in the correct order, and find the missing cards by reciting as she goes.

I was a little unsure of doing the left hand side of "Hot Cross Buns" in Gentle Piano as there is one section that requires quite a bit of stretch for her little fingers (Do and Sol at the same time), so I opted to have her use her right hand as well to be able to get both. I am not sure if there was a better way of doing this.

Her scores for Gentle piano went up midway (family visit time) and the last time she did much better. Here are her scores. The last score is from today.

Gentle Piano - Folklore Hot Cross Buns (Introductory Songs Level 0.0)

NEED VIDEO

Right Hand 1 - 75
Left Hand 1 - 93

Right Hand 1 - 77
Left Hand 1 - 50

Right Hand 1 - 102
Left Hand 1 - 73

Right Hand 1 - 42
Left Hand 1 - 60

Right Hand 1 - 29
Left Hand 1 - 32

Right Hand 1 - 29
Left Hand 1 - 31

Autumn did struggle with "Guess Key School" as she seemed more interested in letting the spider get the fallen fruit. She would sit and say "Spider Got It" with extreme excitement. I started with telling her the spider does not need to eat and quickly turned to rewarding with mini M&M's. We would start with about 15 mini m&m's and every time the spider got the fruit, I would eat one. She seems to have grasped the concept that she only gets what is left within a 2-minute period.
She is able to press the correct symbol, but not the correct sounding, I don’t think she grasps that yet.

Here are her scores from "Guess Key School"

Guess Key (2 Minutes)

9 Points
8 Points
3 Points
9 Points
13 Points (mini m&m’s)
16 Points (mini m&m’s)

The finger stretching exercise is going fairly well. She seems to struggle with using the middle and ring finger separately, but for the age I imagine this is to be expected? I did have a question in regards to this however; when she does “Do Re Mi Fa Sol” would she then use her thumb again on “La” index on “Ti” and middle on “Do”?

Lastly, she likes to do the “Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do” video that is under the first month of the curriculum.

That is all for now, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2016 18:58 #24021 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Autumn 2.5 years progress

gravitysdepth wrote: It has been a busy 2 weeks with family visiting for one of those 2 weeks. Unfortunately, we got about 1 week of lessons into 2 weeks (I would have like to have done more).

Autumn seems to be grasping the “Do Re Mi” segments and is able to place flash cards in the correct order, and find the missing cards by reciting as she goes.

I enjoyed watching her videos. She is keeping her concentration level very high for her age. Even though you just started, the progress is very impressive!

I was a little unsure of doing the left hand side of "Hot Cross Buns" in Gentle Piano as there is one section that requires quite a bit of stretch for her little fingers (Do and Sol at the same time), so I opted to have her use her right hand as well to be able to get both. I am not sure if there was a better way of doing this.

You did the right thing!
Here is the short video about the progression of this task:

Her scores for Gentle piano went up midway (family visit time) and the last time she did much better. Here are her scores. The last score is from today.

Gentle Piano - Folklore Hot Cross Buns (Introductory Songs Level 0.0)

NEED VIDEO

Right Hand 1 - 75
Left Hand 1 - 93

Right Hand 1 - 77
Left Hand 1 - 50

Right Hand 1 - 102
Left Hand 1 - 73

Right Hand 1 - 42
Left Hand 1 - 60

Right Hand 1 - 29
Left Hand 1 - 32

Right Hand 1 - 29
Left Hand 1 - 31

I was trying my best to undestand your score, but it seems like a hard work for the end of the day :)

Usually I ask my students play one thing 2 times, and compare the numbers. It is always very motivating to see how you're progressing during your practice.

For example, if my student is learning the song ODE TO JOY by L. Beethoven, the working sheet will look like this:

L. Beethoven ODE TO JOY (Introductory Songs)
08/02/2016
Points / Time
R1 20 / 22 , 35 / 20
L1 15 / 17 , 20 / 10
P1 30 / 34, 40 / 25

Can you do the same next time?

Autumn did struggle with "Guess Key School" as she seemed more interested in letting the spider get the fallen fruit. She would sit and say "Spider Got It" with extreme excitement. I started with telling her the spider does not need to eat and quickly turned to rewarding with mini M&M's. We would start with about 15 mini m&m's and every time the spider got the fruit, I would eat one. She seems to have grasped the concept that she only gets what is left within a 2-minute period.

Oh, how funny! She is ib process of developing hand-to-eye coordination. I described it in the article about attention. Is 2 minutes of the game time?

She is able to press the correct symbol, but not the correct sounding, I don’t think she grasps that yet.

She will! Watch it happening.

Here are her scores from "Guess Key School"

Guess Key (2 Minutes)

9 Points
8 Points
3 Points
9 Points
13 Points (mini m&m’s)
16 Points (mini m&m’s)

It seems like motivation works! Can you replace chocolate with 'music money'? Dentists are costly :P

The finger stretching exercise is going fairly well. She seems to struggle with using the middle and ring finger separately, but for the age I imagine this is to be expected?

Yes, the 4th is the weakest finger. She is developing her finger management right now and soon her fingers will become more independent. I watched the video. Her fine motor skills are very good for her age. Way to go!

I did have a question in regards to this however; when she does “Do Re Mi Fa Sol” would she then use her thumb again on “La” index on “Ti” and middle on “Do”?

This is C Major scale. Believe it or not she will learn it very soon. The order is 123 - 1234 - 123 - 12345

Lastly, she likes to do the “Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do” video that is under the first month of the curriculum.

That is all for now, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

On the last video I see that she is trying to match the piano keys with the song. Pitch recognition in making!

I think that you are doing outstanding job with your daughter. Videos, of cause, are very cute. But beside the cuteness part of it I see that your daughter is very smart, attentive, she has excellent logical skills, she is developing speech, her fine motor skills in very good shape. A lot of progress for a very short time.

Are you also learning to play as well?

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds