fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Natalya finally gets interested!

More
13 Feb 2012 01:49 #1914 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: If I press RH it hides the right hand but puts the left hand on the computer playing it mode. Is it possible to play right hand hidden and student plays left hand? Or should I press PH and make her do both....

Manda, it is evening in Texas and my brain is not capable to comprehend your question :lol:

Well, if you want to hide EVERYTHING you have to press PH, but - yes - play using both hands.

I usually do this:
1. ask my students to play R 'till perfect
2. ask to play R H 'till almost perfect
3. ask to play L
4. LH
5. P
6. PH
7. No computer
8. No computer with rhythm section (metronome)

After that I advice to make a small recital for 'rich relatives' and at the end to drop a hint that the piano lessons now days are very expensive. :lol: Take a hat and go around to collect some tips... :P

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2012 02:04 #1918 by Mandabplus3
Oh that's gold! We have been playing R till we are sick of hearing it :P Then L for a few tries, then P until it's a reasonable speed then R again to speed it up, memorize it and add P again.
Basically it appears my daughter wants to make the program do something it can't do! Lol
I havnt tried the metronome yet. Yes I am naughty ( and lazy :P )
We spend more time on P than anything else but maybe if we spend more time on R to start with that might be better. I will try it with my next piece. Thanks.

More
13 Feb 2012 02:49 #1920 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh that's gold! We have been playing R till we are sick of hearing it :P Then L for a few tries, then P until it's a reasonable speed then R again to speed it up, memorize it and add P again.
Basically it appears my daughter wants to make the program do something it can't do! Lol
I havnt tried the metronome yet. Yes I am naughty ( and lazy :P )
We spend more time on P than anything else but maybe if we spend more time on R to start with that might be better. I will try it with my next piece. Thanks.

You are welcome! :)

Speaking of laziness... All the civilization had been created by lazy people ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
21 Feb 2012 10:05 #2089 by Mandabplus3
So the system above works :) thankyou we shall do it that way from now on :)
Natalya has been inconsistent with practice...but has only just started back at lessons through school, so now we will see :)
She has been playing Ode To Joy both hands 46/48 and plus t14
I think I might encourage her to have a good listen through the pieces, pick one she likes thats a bit more challenging and have her perfect it. She would get a kick out of the challenge and the ability to play something nice anywhere anytime.
I find with her she is most interested in piano when she hears me playing, so I try to practice while the kids are around. They always kick me off for a turn!

More
22 Feb 2012 01:19 #2107 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: So the system above works :) thankyou we shall do it that way from now on :)
Natalya has been inconsistent with practice...but has only just started back at lessons through school, so now we will see :)

Yes, I want to know, how both ways are going to work for her.

She has been playing Ode To Joy both hands 46/48 and plus t14
I think I might encourage her to have a good listen through the pieces, pick one she likes thats a bit more challenging and have her perfect it. She would get a kick out of the challenge and the ability to play something nice anywhere anytime.

Did you check Boogie 1? I like Robot Rock, Rock Group and Cat Boogie there.

I find with her she is most interested in piano when she hears me playing, so I try to practice while the kids are around. They always kick me off for a turn!

So, the MASTER PLAN to start music education from parents works! :woohoo:

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds