fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Elissa - aged 5y

More
01 Nov 2014 19:43 #16442 by lzp11
Elissa - aged 5y was created by lzp11
We are back on the forum after a bit of a break. We needed to take a few months break from piano but we are back again playing daily and Elissa is learning:
Country Girl - from Boogie 1

She has also been playing guess key - latest score 171 in a time of 173

We would really like some suggestions for her next pieces to try!

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2014 19:46 #16443 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Elissa - aged 5y

More
03 Nov 2014 20:05 #16468 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Elissa - aged 5y
Hello, lzp!
I am very happy to see you back in our forum!
I watched Elissa's playing very closely and here what I noticed:

1. She is having excellent fine motor skills now: she manages all of her fingers very well
2. Focus is there
3. Attention span is there
4. 2 hands coordination is very good
5. Excellent memory!
5. Steady rhythm

What we have to work on now:

1. Piano technique. Did you practice this piece (for example) with the TEACHING VIDEO?
2. Dynamics, articulation, polishing.
3. Well-rounded education (ear training, music dictations, music appreciation, sight-reading) - all in our lesson plans.

We have Butterfly Ball coming from 15th of December to 15th of January. This recital is focused on quantity of piano pieces. Let's set a goal for Elissa to have and quantity and quality. SHE can.

I would suggest for her to learn the following piano pieces:

FC 1 - Musette, Morning Mood, Largo

Nursery Songs: This old man, Hickory, The little dog gone

Boogie 1 Rock group, Robot rock, Cat boogie. Choose 1-2

Did you have a chance to look at our lesson plan?

Back to the Mozart

More
04 Nov 2014 11:37 - 04 Nov 2014 11:37 #16492 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Elissa - aged 5y
Thank you Hellene.
Yes we are trying to follow the curriculum - you may remember that we did a lot of prep level B/C last year in our progress diary in the other part of the forum :-)

We will try to polish this piece by watching the videos again and will carry on with the curriculum.

Thank you for the suggestions. Last year she already played Musette, Morning Mood, Rock group, Robot rock, Ode to Joy, Jolly old St Nicholas and Deck the Halls.

Do you have any other suggestions for new pieces to try that are not so challenging that they make her anxious about playing but are new and moving forwards in her piano journey?

Thanks
Last edit: 04 Nov 2014 11:37 by lzp11.

More
04 Nov 2014 17:04 #16497 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Elissa - aged 5y
Absolutely!
I was judging by your last video that you posted. Please, give me the link to the most advanced piano pieces to be able to see the results achieved with them. I have to be sure, what suggestions to give you.

She supposed to follow Prep C: I made these levels similar for A, B and C in purpose. Now it is very important to get her graduation done properly to be ready for the First grade.

Please, post as much information about your progress as possible to be able to help you om more interactive level.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds