fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Tiana age 6 2nd month with soft Mozart

More
11 Feb 2012 01:09 #1868 by Mandabplus3
You're welcome. Actually I have to remind myself to write these things down in her piano practice book as we get these mini breakthroughs and forget to credit them back to you Helene. Soft Mozart is the only thing Tiana and I are using that could have helped with our pitch training, it is obviously working! It will be interesting to see how many times my kids top music at school over the next few years :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2012 02:09 #1878 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: You're welcome. Actually I have to remind myself to write these things down in her piano practice book as we get these mini breakthroughs and forget to credit them back to you Helene. Soft Mozart is the only thing Tiana and I are using that could have helped with our pitch training, it is obviously working! It will be interesting to see how many times my kids top music at school over the next few years :)

I have to tell you with no false modesty that Soft Mozart kids are great for learning any other instruments and singing in choir. At first as a PIANO teacher I was a bit disappointed and now I see that it is just my theory coming into practice. I let it go... :P

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
21 Feb 2012 10:32 #2091 by Mandabplus3
Wow school has made it hard for us to fit it all in!. Endless homework :(
Tiana has been playing Hot cross buns, and Jingle Bells (which is her favourite) this week. she is happy to play left, right and both hands for each piece she plays :woohoo:
She had her first Piano lesson at school, I had one minute to chat to her teacher as we were both rushing around :whistle: so I wrote her a note to let her know Tiana is learning sofegio at home. She is happy to reinforce this in lessons as needed. PHEW! Tiana has decided to share a piano lesson with one of her friends so they will be learning in CDE at school. Tiana doesnt seem at all concerned ("its very easy piano songs mummy!") Her teacher has given her music note reading homework from day one....quite unusual, but she based her decision on the fact that Tiana understood the music staff! Go soft Mozart!!!!
So we will have her play the games in both Solfegio and CDE format and occasionally switch between the two as she choses to. Oh her first two pieces for this weeks practice are going to be a breeze for her....
I just have to make sure we all have enough practice time now. :unsure:

More
21 Feb 2012 23:40 #2105 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Wow school has made it hard for us to fit it all in!. Endless homework :(
Tiana has been playing Hot cross buns, and Jingle Bells (which is her favourite) this week. she is happy to play left, right and both hands for each piece she plays :woohoo:
She had her first Piano lesson at school, I had one minute to chat to her teacher as we were both rushing around :whistle: so I wrote her a note to let her know Tiana is learning sofegio at home. She is happy to reinforce this in lessons as needed. PHEW! Tiana has decided to share a piano lesson with one of her friends so they will be learning in CDE at school. Tiana doesnt seem at all concerned ("its very easy piano songs mummy!") Her teacher has given her music note reading homework from day one....quite unusual, but she based her decision on the fact that Tiana understood the music staff! Go soft Mozart!!!!
So we will have her play the games in both Solfegio and CDE format and occasionally switch between the two as she choses to. Oh her first two pieces for this weeks practice are going to be a breeze for her....
I just have to make sure we all have enough practice time now. :unsure:

Yes, Solfeggio and ABC are languages that any student has to know equally. And they CAN!

I am very excited about your news!

Back to the Mozart

More
02 Mar 2012 03:14 #2299 by Mandabplus3
Monthly Summary :)
Ok so firstly I should probably mention that school has started back this month, Tiana is very busy and exhausted so piano got a bit of a back seat for a while. I took the pressure of her practice so she could focus on her schooling. She played when she asked me if she could about 3 times a week from her note book.
Achivements
Halved her time on Jingle Bells and gathered the confidence and skills to play it both hands fairly accurately.
Enjoyed Note Alphabet 10.00 mins 434
Reviewed Hot cross Buns, Yep she still likes to play it :)
began the French Song...but for some reason keeps going back to Jingle Bells :)
Learnt to wirte her own scored down :woohoo:

Challenges
Tired after school
Busy with interfering homework!
Retaining motivation...

Goals
last months goals were
"to finish her own piece of music" she worked on it a little but hasnt developed it much. We will add that to next months goals again
"pactice for recital and memorise another song" I wonder if she knows Jingle Bells yet? I have no idea! :ohmy:
"learn note alphabet from Me and Fa" yep she knows them :)
New Goals- well she is at school so I cant ask her!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
02 Mar 2012 22:04 #2323 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Monthly Summary :)
Ok so firstly I should probably mention that school has started back this month, Tiana is very busy and exhausted so piano got a bit of a back seat for a while. I took the pressure of her practice so she could focus on her schooling. She played when she asked me if she could about 3 times a week from her note book.

So, SHE is asking you? :woohoo:

Achivements
Halved her time on Jingle Bells and gathered the confidence and skills to play it both hands fairly accurately.

Great!

Enjoyed Note Alphabet 10.00 mins 434

So, she didn't do Fruit Lines?

Reviewed Hot cross Buns, Yep she still likes to play it :)

Do you still enjoy listening? :P

began the French Song...but for some reason keeps going back to Jingle Bells :)

In French Song is a pattern: do re mi do do re mi do - at first many beginners getting confused with it.

Learnt to wirte her own scored down :woohoo:

This is VERY IMPORTANT step forward! Time to ask her to record the score for Jacob - and you are free! ;)

Challenges
Tired after school
Busy with interfering homework!
Retaining motivation...

I think, the last one is the most important. Tell her, that we are going to have AWESOME T-shirts with Mr Ooops after she will pass the international recital!

When Soft Mozart will be available for all kids in public schools, the motivation will be natural - piano skills will be in demand again! :side:

Goals
last months goals were
"to finish her own piece of music" she worked on it a little but hasnt developed it much. We will add that to next months goals again
"pactice for recital and memorise another song" I wonder if she knows Jingle Bells yet? I have no idea! :ohmy:

She still has plenty of time. T-shirt design still in progress ;)

"learn note alphabet from Me and Fa" yep she knows them :)
New Goals- well she is at school so I cant ask her!

Recital :woohoo:

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds