fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Tiana age 6 2nd month with soft Mozart

More
01 Feb 2012 09:35 #1629 by Mandabplus3
Ok so last month we had no luck with getting her excited with guess key but wow has she taken to note alphabet! She played for 15 mins today and I kicked her off to send her to bed! Her best 5:00 min score is 240 her best 10:00 min score is 434 and at 15 mins she was 517. She is hooked on the pictures and guessing what they will be....as is every other kid that comes over for a play!
She started playing Ode to Joy. On her first attempt I noticed she only looked down at the keyboard once, to find her place she is using her notes going up and down ( and left and right) more and more now.
Her score first time was 29/30 plus t15 so I put it on view 2 ( just because I am mean mummy :) ) she scored 26/30 plus t33. We were pretty happy with this attempt. Her left hand was perfect at plus t6. She played the left hand hidden and got one wrong note at plus t7.
She had a few more tries on view 1 right hand, then tried view two again ( yep her idea!) 27/30 plus t3. She refused to play both hand together today
She also played fruit lines 134 at 5 mins. Which I think is quite low for her. but now that she likes note alphabet I doubt she will play fruit lines again for a while lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2012 17:51 #1657 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Ok so last month we had no luck with getting her excited with guess key but wow has she taken to note alphabet! She played for 15 mins today and I kicked her off to send her to bed! Her best 5:00 min score is 240 her best 10:00 min score is 434 and at 15 mins she was 517.

Soon enough she will be 'Master of the Game'! It means, one day she will beat the game in less then 20 minutes. But please, please, don't say anything to her! Let's save it for at least next year :P

She is hooked on the pictures and guessing what they will be....as is every other kid that comes over for a play!

:woohoo:

She started playing Ode to Joy. On her first attempt I noticed she only looked down at the keyboard once, to find her place she is using her notes going up and down ( and left and right) more and more now.
Her score first time was 29/30 plus t15 so I put it on view 2 ( just because I am mean mummy :) )

Yes, you are :P

she scored 26/30 plus t33. We were pretty happy with this attempt. Her left hand was perfect at plus t6. She played the left hand hidden and got one wrong note at plus t7.

Wow! Great result! But be aware: right hand is harder. If you will experiencing any problem memorizing, cut the score in smaller pieces.

She had a few more tries on view 1 right hand, then tried view two again ( yep her idea!) 27/30 plus t3.

Time is pretty amazing! 3? For the right hand? You kidding me? :ohmy:

She refused to play both hand together today

Trust her leads. She is getting more self driven now.

She also played fruit lines 134 at 5 mins. Which I think is quite low for her. but now that she likes note alphabet I doubt she will play fruit lines again for a while lol

Fruit Lines is a game of this month. I will open the topic about it today. Very important game for the lines/spaces recognition.

Back to the Mozart

More
01 Feb 2012 20:18 #1660 by Mandabplus3
Oh goody! Fruit lines month :) personally I love this game!
Yes she really did get plus 3 on her time, more than once too. She got stuck at plus 11 so we listened to the piece a few times and she got the rhythm internalized, then no problem B) I find it's often the case with the kids that they will play faster if they listen to the piece first.
I don't know how she will go memorizing this one as she isn't all that familiar with it, but I figure if she hears it enough times then it will be fine. I won't push her to play both hands on this piece until she has right hand almost memorized. Just so she remains self motivated. I really can't push this kid, she is my difficult one! ( or should I say they one that takes after her father and so I just don't get how she ticks :) )

More
01 Feb 2012 20:57 #1661 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh goody! Fruit lines month :) personally I love this game!
Yes she really did get plus 3 on her time, more than once too. She got stuck at plus 11 so we listened to the piece a few times and she got the rhythm internalized, then no problem B) I find it's often the case with the kids that they will play faster if they listen to the piece first.
I don't know how she will go memorizing this one as she isn't all that familiar with it, but I figure if she hears it enough times then it will be fine. I won't push her to play both hands on this piece until she has right hand almost memorized. Just so she remains self motivated. I really can't push this kid, she is my difficult one! ( or should I say they one that takes after her father and so I just don't get how she ticks :) )

Ask her to sing Solfeggio when she is playing LH. It helps a lot to memorize faster (you know)

Cut small section of the song (like bars 1-4). If you place the piece on 6, the numbers of the bars appear at the beginning of each line.

Go back to 1, 2 or whatever you have.
Play L and L H(hide)
R and R Hide
P and P Hide

After that cut bars 5-8. Do the same

After that - ATTENTION - cut 1 - 8 and repeat the routine befor curring 9 - 12

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
10 Feb 2012 04:29 #1849 by Mandabplus3
Why is some days her singing never stops from dawn til dusk and other days I cant get her to sing a few notes while she plays :(
Tiana is still asking to play piano games whenever she has free time ( boy my kids are busy!) note school is her favourite but she plays fruit lines too at times...usually after she has watched me play it.
She happily negotiates the program and selects her own songs views, hands etc. His makes it easier for me, she can play while I cook dinner and can record her own scores ( occasionally missing a few). She has her own reward chart too now ( got very jealous of her brother :) ) so she will be keen to play every day now.
The big news was early this week my son was playing on some annoying musical horns on the iPhone. Tiana and I were cuddling in bed and Tiana pipes up with " hey mum that one sounds like DO" now I was thinking the same thing at the same time so I am sure we were both right! Neither of us was as sure about the next horn he played so I will get out the tuner and check them some time. Or maybe not another month with soft mozart and we both might know what it is!!!!

More
11 Feb 2012 01:01 #1865 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Why is some days her singing never stops from dawn til dusk and other days I cant get her to sing a few notes while she plays :(

Here is the trick: tell her that if she won't sing, she has to hire a singer - you. But your services are expensive. Charge her for your singing with the high price :lol: Next time she will be more careful!

Tiana is still asking to play piano games whenever she has free time ( boy my kids are busy!) note school is her favourite but she plays fruit lines too at times...usually after she has watched me play it.
She happily negotiates the program and selects her own songs views, hands etc. His makes it easier for me, she can play while I cook dinner and can record her own scores ( occasionally missing a few). She has her own reward chart too now ( got very jealous of her brother :) ) so she will be keen to play every day now.

Music to my ears! :kiss:

The big news was early this week my son was playing on some annoying musical horns on the iPhone. Tiana and I were cuddling in bed and Tiana pipes up with " hey mum that one sounds like DO" now I was thinking the same thing at the same time so I am sure we were both right! Neither of us was as sure about the next horn he played so I will get out the tuner and check them some time. Or maybe not another month with soft mozart and we both might know what it is!!!!

:ohmy:

Thank yoou so much for sharing! I had such a difficult day, but you saved it! :)

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds