fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

New Scores for LukeF

More
04 Jul 2013 03:43 #11354 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic New Scores for LukeF
Luke, I fixed the link for you. All what you have to do is to copy/past link from YouTube browser.
Another suggestion: you may enjoy using Windows Live Movie maker. It is free video editor that you can use to make your videos a piece of art! ;)

As for your playing Russian song - Спасибо! - I like it a lot!

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2013 03:45 #11355 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic New Scores for LukeF
It seems to me that you improved a lot and need challenge! Looking forward to hear you playing Level 1 piano pieces.

Back to the Mozart

More
12 Jul 2013 03:22 #11459 by LukeF
Replied by LukeF on topic New Scores for LukeF
Yes, Andrea. I have found the teaching videos and I have used them for when I get "stuck" on what to do next with my fingers. It was very helpful for me with New Year's Tree and I have watched it many times for Santa Lucia also.

More
12 Jul 2013 03:26 #11460 by LukeF
We were on a little family vacation/holiday here recently as well. Hence, not much posting activity for us and for at least the week of our trip not much practice either. But we are home now again and back at it. Thanks for the feedback and encouragement. It is greatly appreciated!

More
12 Jul 2013 05:05 - 12 Jul 2013 05:06 #11461 by LukeF
Vacation is over :( But SoftMozart has resumed :cheer:

I don't know if these are helpful, but I have become very comfortable with Hanon1, and the "Black Cat/White Cat" exercise. My brain struggles with both hands on Black Cat/White Cat, but I'm still working on it.. individually is pretty comfortable now. Also, I add little things to my Hanon as new challenges.... like emphasizing a certain number in the sequence or playing stacatto with my fingers totally releasing each key. Maybe I shouldn't do that, but it seems to be new challenges.

Also (drumroll.....) here is a video of my right hand @ Santa Lucia. I'm in Presentation 1, but have progressed to a 42 of 47; t=13 on that hand (screenshot of score attached below). This is thanks to Andrea's tip about cutting the song into chunks and also thanks to the teaching video that I've watched numerous times to help me learn how to make the right hand flow. This is pretty challenging.

Breaking the song into pieces has helped me get to 104 of 121; t=37 with both hands in P1.

Thanks for the good advice!
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Jul 2013 05:06 by LukeF. Reason: fixing link
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
24 Jul 2013 22:28 #11494 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic New Scores for LukeF
I also like to play around with finger exercises, either by using metronome and different speeds or rhythms or using different types of touch - though the last part does not make much sense as we have a keyboard, not a digital piano sensitive to touch, but I am trying to get used to relax the fingers and not be so stiffed :lol:

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds