fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

New Scores for LukeF

More
07 Jun 2013 05:54 #10803 by LukeF
New Scores for LukeF was created by LukeF
Note Duration Game; Level 9; time 8:44; 311 pts. (number 31 in blue?)

Introductory Ode to Joy: I've been working through the various presentations and can do Presentation 6: 48 of 48; time 14

*it is good practice for my fingers but at this point I'm pretty sure my short term memory is doing the work.

Hot Cross Buns: I took a day off it and then came back

Direct to Presentation 5H: 37 of 37; time 1
then P.6: 37 of 37; time 14

Finger Robotics #3
P.1: 30 of 30; time 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2013 05:57 #10804 by LukeF
Replied by LukeF on topic New Scores for LukeF
I like the finger exercises and am also enjoying the "You Can" book. I'm not sure the best way to be practicing with the learning modules, but I choose a different one each day and try to allot enough time to finish it. I think I need to not use the alphabet system and instead do solfeggio, as my knowledge of the notes in alpha might be taking me too far too fast. Sound correct? This is probably in the book and I just haven't gotten there yet.

More
07 Jun 2013 08:49 #10807 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic New Scores for LukeF

LukeF wrote: I like the finger exercises and am also enjoying the "You Can" book. I'm not sure the best way to be practicing with the learning modules, but I choose a different one each day and try to allot enough time to finish it. I think I need to not use the alphabet system and instead do solfeggio, as my knowledge of the notes in alpha might be taking me too far too fast. Sound correct? This is probably in the book and I just haven't gotten there yet.

Practicing daily, for a month, the finger exercises will make a big difference. The fingers will get used to the keyboard. And the position of the fingers will improve.

Solfeggio is helping the ear, the voice, memory and all much better/faster than Alphabet.

For you, as an adult, I suggest following the guide in this link: https://softmozart.com/forum/54-semester-september-1-december-31-of-2012/5303-beginners-age-5--to-adults.html
These are credits/assignments for adult beginners. Take them just as guidelines, no deadline. It's a curriculum for getting to Level 1. If you look at it's structure and after reading Hellene's book, you'll start to see the meaning behind each step that has to be taken and why it is compulsory to graduate to next level.
The guidelines have rules. They are meant to help the student develop skills and improve playing. Everything is carefully thought here, by Hellene. Same thing goes with any advice given on forum by a teacher :)

BTW, regarding Hellene's books, she is working on another one. But you saw that in the "Sample Curriculum" cause there's a link to it ;)

Andrea

More
07 Jun 2013 19:36 #10820 by LukeF
Thank you!

More
14 Jun 2013 14:56 - 14 Jun 2013 19:13 #10993 by LukeF
I've switched to solfeggio, which is more challenging for me and is keeping me from relying on my short term memory.

Guess key solf. after 5 minutes = 275 pts; time-2:01

Ode to Joy, p.6 = 48 of 48; time = 18
*both a picture and video of me playing are attached

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Jun 2013 19:13 by LukeF. Reason: adding video clip
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, the Moon

More
19 Jun 2013 05:37 #11073 by LukeF
I'm glad that I switched to practicing only in Solfeggio, but it has been really difficult. Hanon 1 and black cat/white cat are going well and I am definitely improving. I also do the finger robotics quite often and fairly well. Recognizing notes (and their placement) in Solfeggio is tough for me, as my scores will show.

~5 min. on Guess Key: 217 pts; time= 1:12
~5 min. on Treble Staff Puzzle: 376 pts; time = 4:41

Jingle Bells, p1, 74 of 77; t=7
New Years Tree; p1, 51 of 57; t=15

I do well on finger robotics until I get to #7, then I stumble quite a bit. I'll keep at it. F.Robot#7 score today after 3 times through: p1, 68 of 72; t=11
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds