fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Start your progress diary here

Titus, 9yo, USA

More
02 Mar 2021 14:47 #39655 by juliguli
Replied by juliguli on topic Titus, 9yo, USA
Week 5,6,7 Sight-Reading Course

This is a summary of the last few weeks. We have continued to move through the curriculum we get delivered to our email inbox, week by week, and we love it! It is really helpful to have it broken up by week like this and give us manageable bits to work on each week and to look forward to each new week. I have been keeping track of his progress on paper. Titus is really growing in his ability to read music. He still finds the Etudes tedious and is not enthusiastic about doing them, but we do talk about how they help and he is wiling to do them, but the other music from the other albums, he just enjoys!

Again, we are thankful to Soft Mozart and this program and tell our friends about it when we see them and they come to our house.

A question: When is it the right time to begin thinking about what pieces we might want to do for the recital in May. Any recommendations?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2021 16:16 - 19 Mar 2021 16:29 #39754 by juliguli
Replied by juliguli on topic Titus, 9yo, USA
Week 8
We seem to have completed the sight-training course. At least, beyond week 8, I have not received further emails, but after week 8, we have begun working on our three pieces for the recital. Here is a video from week 8 of our work on sight-reading. I have seen vast improvement in Titus.

Next week, I will upload a video of Titus working on that. I am also having him continue doing various modules.

We have chosen a piece from each of the three albums we ended on in the Sight-Reading Intensive, so we have chosen Indian Boogie from the Boogie 1 album, Morning Mood from Favorite Classics 1, and Old Woman in the Shoe from Nursery 1 album.

A question I have for the future:
Once we do the recital and come back in the fall, should he be working on Level 1 or Level 2? (We will gladly wait until after the recital to actually decide).

Also, forgot to upload this picture last week, but Titus completed the Bass Clef module in 36:21 minutes of playing time! So proud of him.

Also, Titus really enjoys reading our letters from the Kngdom of Tune and is learning a lot. Thank you, Queen TOnica!
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Mar 2021 16:29 by juliguli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Аким

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds