fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2018-2019

Philip, Age 8, USA

More
03 Dec 2018 18:53 - 04 Dec 2018 07:07 #30939 by Mrs.Post
Philip, Age 8, USA was created by Mrs.Post
We've had Soft Mozart for nearly 6 years, my daycare use it. I have learned off and on with it. But it hasn't been consistent because the child I purchased it for, my now 8 year old, lost all interest in music right around age 3. We took him for violin lessons, against Hellene's advice, when he was 2. He fell in love with his play violin and I was afraid he would develop bad form - cause that is what all the smart people told me would happen.

Anyway, it was a disaster and my son hated his teacher, hated the violin and wouldn't even listen to music for the last 5 years. He also has a sensory processing disorder, which I suspect had an influence on his initial love of music and dislike for violin lessons. It was a sensory overload. Soft Mozart limits what a child must think about and attend to while playing which is why it worked for him.

I have had the software and keyboard available for him to play but there was no real interest until recently. He is determined to play Danse Macabre on the piano. We are starting at prep-level C together.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2018 07:07 by Mrs.Post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2018 09:28 #30942 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Philip, Age 8, USA
I am so happy that you are back!
Please, let me see his videos to be able to help interactively!

Mrs.Post wrote: We've had Soft Mozart for nearly 6 years, my daycare use it. I have learned off and on with it. But it hasn't been consistent because the child I purchased it for, my now 8 year old, lost all interest in music right around age 3. We took him for violin lessons, against Hellene's advice, when he was 2. He fell in love with his play violin and I was afraid he would develop bad form - cause that is what all the smart people told me would happen.

Anyway, it was a disaster and my son hated his teacher, hated the violin and wouldn't even listen to music for the last 5 years. He also has a sensory processing disorder, which I suspect had an influence on his initial love of music and dislike for violin lessons. It was a sensory overload. Soft Mozart limits what a child must think about and attend to while playing which is why it worked for him.

I have had the software and keyboard available for him to play but there was no real interest until recently. He is determined to play Danse Macabre on the piano. We are starting at prep-level C together.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

More
11 Dec 2018 22:46 - 11 Dec 2018 22:47 #31031 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic Philip, Age 8, USA
Thank-you Hellene, it is good to be back. Philip has shown an interest off and on, but nothing consistent. But he fell in love with Danse Macabre and is now back to listening to music again and wants to play. We just kept making it available to him as you said.

He was practicing some pieces with the right hand in the Anime songbook which is way over his level. I finally got him to agree to start with me in Prep Level C and work through the Academy so that he could be a real musician, not just someone who can play one song. He's pretty excited.

So, here is his first day of practice with Hot Cross Buns. We haven't put our music notebooks together yet, so we aren't really keeping track. That is our project for tomorrow. He is sick in this video, so he sounds all stuffed up, which he is.

Last edit: 11 Dec 2018 22:47 by Mrs.Post.

More
12 Dec 2018 09:32 #31037 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Philip, Age 8, USA
Sonya,
Thank you very much for the video.
Here is what I noticed so far:
Philip's left hand is more 'manageable' : he has no problem playing with organically correct fingering. His concentration level is higher. The right hemisphere is prevailing? Perhaps.
After rehearsing his left hand Philip is more focused and his both hands playing is awesome! His is more focused!
I see how much the program shapes his mind. It is so exciting! Soon enough the hemispheres will be more balanced. This is exactly what we need.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds