fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2015-2016

Shana, 2.5y, Prep level A

More
13 Feb 2016 07:27 - 13 Feb 2016 08:07 #22064 by tarasefanya
Shana, Prep Level A.

12/02/2016 (Day 1)
- Music Appreciation: F.J.Haydn - Surprise Symphony
- Guess Key Game 1min: 10
- Listen to Do-Do song - chant
- Exercises: placing a thumb on Middle Do with weight
- Learning ‘names’ of each finger of the Right hand as Do Re Mi Fa So
- Hot Cross Bun: S: refused. She asked me to change the icons to alphabet. A: L1 (6/6--5) R1 (6/6--3) P1 (6/6--9)
- Sight-reading Favorite Classic Primer Haydn 'Surprise Symphony': I played and sang the notes with Solfeggio for her.
- Theory theatre: she was scared of the Noise character and wanted to switch back to the Do-Do song. I guess I'll try to explain this theory to her by myself for now, it's easier using our language.
- Theory interaction: not yet.

Do you think we should wait until our materials (especially the stickers and flashcards) arrived then try to play songs on the piano again? She seemed too comfortable with the alphabet icons and doesn't want to switch. Sometimes she chants the alphabet as Do, Re, Mi and other times as C,D,E.. I don't want to confuse her.

I couldn't record most of her practice as she still needs me to sit with her in order to stay focus. Here are her attempts on playing HCB and OTJ that I got the chance to tape. We're still using the stickers that I made by myself.

Last edit: 13 Feb 2016 08:07 by tarasefanya.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2016 13:06 #22065 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Shana, 2.5y, Prep level A
Hello!

tarasefanya wrote: Shana, Prep Level A.

12/02/2016 (Day 1)
- Music Appreciation: F.J.Haydn - Surprise Symphony
- Guess Key Game 1min: 10
- Listen to Do-Do song - chant
- Exercises: placing a thumb on Middle Do with weight
- Learning ‘names’ of each finger of the Right hand as Do Re Mi Fa So
- Hot Cross Bun: S: refused. She asked me to change the icons to alphabet. A: L1 (6/6--5) R1 (6/6--3) P1 (6/6--9)
- Sight-reading Favorite Classic Primer Haydn 'Surprise Symphony': I played and sang the notes with Solfeggio for her.

Please. keep doing this! She will gradually feel comfortable with do re mi and A B C

- Theory theatre: she was scared of the Noise character and wanted to switch back to the Do-Do song. I guess I'll try to explain this theory to her by myself for now, it's easier using our language.

Hope, she will like him later on. He is going to transform in a good guy.

- Theory interaction: not yet.

Do you think we should wait until our materials (especially the stickers and flashcards) arrived then try to play songs on the piano again?

No. I watched the video. She really needs stickers. Please, send me a reminder to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. : I will send you digital files of key guides. Print them, cut and apply with the clear tape. The packages to Japan go for a week or 2.

She seemed too comfortable with the alphabet icons and doesn't want to switch. Sometimes she chants the alphabet as Do, Re, Mi and other times as C,D,E.. I don't want to confuse her.

Let her do, what she enjoys the most. If you will also sing Solfeggio, she will learn both ways.

I couldn't record most of her practice as she still needs me to sit with her in order to stay focus. Here are her attempts on playing HCB and OTJ that I got the chance to tape. We're still using the stickers that I made by myself.

She is at the stage of building hand-eye coordination and needs more visual help. Try to help her by cuttinv smaller segments and limiting view of the piano keys/notes. She may enjoy such work better.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: tarasefanya

More
14 Feb 2016 12:23 #22080 by tarasefanya
Thank you very much for your suggestions, Hellene. We will try to follow the curriculum as much as we can.

No. I watched the video. She really needs stickers. Please, send me a reminder to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. : I will send you digital files of key guides. Print them, cut and apply with the clear tape. The packages to Japan go for a week or 2.

Thank you Hellene, I have received the files. The key guides will definitely help us.

Let her do, what she enjoys the most. If you will also sing Solfeggio, she will learn both ways

Yes, I will. I have some videos showing how she sometimes sings the alphabet as Solfeggio, but most times she would only say them as they are (C,D,E,..).

After several times watching the Do-Do song, she's now more familiar with the symbols. I hope she could make the transition one day. :)

She is at the stage of building hand-eye coordination and needs more visual help. Try to help her by cutting smaller segments and limiting view of the piano keys/notes. She may enjoy such work better.

Yes, I will try to do as you suggested. Some days she doesn't want to play songs at all, even though I've cut the piece into smaller segments. We just play around with the keys and sight-read more songs on those days.

More
15 Feb 2016 12:28 - 15 Feb 2016 14:15 #22084 by tarasefanya
Here's an update of Shana's progress for the last couple of days.

-Music appreciation: Surprise Symphony
-Listen and chant: Do-Do song
-Sight-read (view #3): Surprise Symphony, Hot Cross Buns, Jingle Bells, Alphabet song, etc.
-Piano exercise:
---13/02/2016 HCB A, P1 12/15(52); Finger exercise: Do,Re (RH); Fruit lines 12 (3:44)
---14/02/2016 HCB A, L1 10/12(36) R1 8/12(49) 13/15(41) P1 6/6 (21); Finger exercise: Do,Re,Mi,So (RH)
---15/02/2016 Note Alphabet 13(3:36), Finger exercise: Do-So-Do (RH) 1x, Do-So 2x; Gentle Piano: she tried to play some segments in Surprise Symphony and Alphabet song while I was sight-reading them to her.

This morning we pasted the new key guides (minus bass la and ti, which I plan to paste tomorrow). I'm so so glad to see that Shana could name them all using solmization.

By the way, I wasn't aware that SM Academy only starts from September :lol: I guess this thread can be considered as her progress report before enrolling next September.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2016 14:15 by tarasefanya.

More
16 Feb 2016 08:13 #22095 by hellene

tarasefanya wrote: Here's an update of Shana's progress for the last couple of days.

-Music appreciation: Surprise Symphony
-Listen and chant: Do-Do song
-Sight-read (view #3): Surprise Symphony, Hot Cross Buns, Jingle Bells, Alphabet song, etc.
-Piano exercise:
---13/02/2016 HCB A, P1 12/15(52); Finger exercise: Do,Re (RH); Fruit lines 12 (3:44)
---14/02/2016 HCB A, L1 10/12(36) R1 8/12(49) 13/15(41) P1 6/6 (21); Finger exercise: Do,Re,Mi,So (RH)
---15/02/2016 Note Alphabet 13(3:36), Finger exercise: Do-So-Do (RH) 1x, Do-So 2x; Gentle Piano: she tried to play some segments in Surprise Symphony and Alphabet song while I was sight-reading them to her.

Great job!

This morning we pasted the new key guides (minus bass la and ti, which I plan to paste tomorrow). I'm so so glad to see that Shana could name them all using solmization.

She is a quick learner! I enjoyed watching her naming all the keys. Way to go!

By the way, I wasn't aware that SM Academy only starts from September :lol: I guess this thread can be considered as her progress report before enrolling next September.

It is suggested, but not a mandatory.

Back to the Mozart

More
16 Feb 2016 08:19 #22096 by hellene

tarasefanya wrote: Thank you very much for your suggestions, Hellene. We will try to follow the curriculum as much as we can.
Thank you Hellene, I have received the files. The key guides will definitely help us.
Yes, I will. I have some videos showing how she sometimes sings the alphabet as Solfeggio, but most times she would only say them as they are (C,D,E,..).

Oh, my! Your daughter is a genious: she see Alphabet letters and sings Solfeggio. Please, press the letter 'i' on your computer keyboard for Solfeggio icons!

After several times watching the Do-Do song, she's now more familiar with the symbols. I hope she could make the transition one day. :)

She will! Actually, she is already doing it!

Yes, I will try to do as you suggested. Some days she doesn't want to play songs at all, even though I've cut the piece into smaller segments. We just play around with the keys and sight-read more songs on those days.

Good idea! Did you read the suggestions in my blog (English forum)?
Here some other article to consider: pianolearningsoftware.com/pages/chapter-1-soft-teaching

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds