fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Software installed it's GAME ON!

More
23 Dec 2011 09:48 #643 by Mandabplus3
Ok well I have a lovely English version of the software ( thank you thank you thank you) it's installed and even though it's Christmas madness around here I had some time to play hot cross buns and caught a tonne of fruit :)
After my initial play I decided I had to do more reading as it took me quite a while to realize that Mr Oops, the gnome pops up if you don't hold the note long enough. I am right about that arent I?
Well I had a great little play anyway the games are quite fun and even addictive. I loved the gentle piano format. Wow my kids are SOOOOO lucky to be learning piano this way!
Hopefully I have more time tomorrow to post details...
Ok now questions time :)
I have three kids aged 3,6 and 8 Plus myself learning piano in this house. I can read music in ABC format and so can my 8 year old, both of us need practice for fluency. My 6 year old is starting piano lessons this year through school and also wants to learn the flute ( which I can teach her for a while) I am struggling to decide what format to teach soft Mozart in. Soflege or ABC. If I teach solfege I will need to learn it and I find my brain converting it all to abc before I press a note! The ABC format is transferable to the school lessons and the flute lessons in future. However I fully understand the benefits of do re mi. I am wondering how to balance it all. My girls both know the do re mi order up and back and I left the hand signals for do re me print out in the printer and apparently they BOTH know that now too! My son is a complete novice. Any ideas or suggestions?
I also think I may struggle getting everyone enough piano time to practice once school starts back up. I do have a spare keyboard with a missing power adapter that could be put to use for school practice. does anyone else have lots of kids learning? How do you manage it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2011 20:59 #654 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Ok well I have a lovely English version of the software ( thank you thank you thank you) it's installed and even though it's Christmas madness around here I had some time to play hot cross buns and caught a tonne of fruit :)
After my initial play I decided I had to do more reading as it took me quite a while to realize that Mr Oops, the gnome pops up if you don't hold the note long enough. I am right about that arent I?

Absolutely!

Well I had a great little play anyway the games are quite fun and even addictive. I loved the gentle piano format. Wow my kids are SOOOOO lucky to be learning piano this way!
Hopefully I have more time tomorrow to post details...
Ok now questions time :)
I have three kids aged 3,6 and 8 Plus myself learning piano in this house. I can read music in ABC format and so can my 8 year old, both of us need practice for fluency. My 6 year old is starting piano lessons this year through school and also wants to learn the flute ( which I can teach her for a while) I am struggling to decide what format to teach soft Mozart in. Soflege or ABC. If I teach solfege I will need to learn it and I find my brain converting it all to abc before I press a note! The ABC format is transferable to the school lessons and the flute lessons in future. However I fully understand the benefits of do re mi. I am wondering how to balance it all. My girls both know the do re mi order up and back and I left the hand signals for do re me print out in the printer and apparently they BOTH know that now too! My son is a complete novice. Any ideas or suggestions?

Yes, you are in a tough position here... Hm... This is what I think: with older kids you can do both. Place for them Alphabetical piano key guides behind the keys and let them play piano pieces using ABC and singing Do Re Mi. Place Solfeggio stickers directly on the piano keys. Explain the older kids that their mission not only to learn their staff, but also to have younger kids.

I don't think that to remember 7 notes names as Do Re Mi and C D E is such a big deal. Kids learning entire new languages and here is just 7 symbols! :P

I also think I may struggle getting everyone enough piano time to practice once school starts back up. I do have a spare keyboard with a missing power adapter that could be put to use for school practice. does anyone else have lots of kids learning? How do you manage it?

Extra keyboard is great! When older kids helping younger one they teach and learn at the same time. For individual practice the schedule has to be set for each child and this time has to treared with the great respect to my opinion.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD, Mandabplus3

More
23 Dec 2011 21:22 #655 by Mandabplus3
Ok that's sounds good to me, it allows them lots of support using both the stickers in solfege and the alphabet as well. I am thinking I could let them play gentle piano in abc format then when they are a little familiar switch it to solfege to reinforce it too and help them to sing along too.
I am now wondering how long it will take for my brain to be able to convert from solfege strait to pressing the note without converting it first to abc format, as this slows me down. What games would be best for me to play to speed this up?
I figure I will need to play each game twice, once to learn solfege and once to speed up my sight reading in abc. I have never managed to get fluent enough in another language not to translate all my thinking to English before replying so this is new to me. I am sure lots of other people have started softmozart knowing abc format and still managed to become fluent in solfege too. Like you say it's only 7 notes!
I will experiment today in both formats to see how I go.

More
23 Dec 2011 21:25 #657 by Mandabplus3
You know I only just realized I should write do re me and C,D,E not ABC lol so much to learn :)

More
23 Dec 2011 21:40 #658 by NadiaD
C, D, E and Do, Re Mi big question for me as well.
We are also in US and here C, D, E system is used everywhere, even in music videos for babies...
I really see that having Do Re Me images helped my DD to get familiar with the keyboard. But I do not what her to have to relearn anything... everywhere around her will be C, D, E system...
Will it work if, for example, we do solfeggio signs for the first year and then, on the second year of the lessons will switch to C, D, E system? Or should I pick from the beginning?
Hellene, how do you usually do this transition with your students?

More
24 Dec 2011 03:26 #668 by hellene
First I want to let you know that even in the USA not every school is teaching ABC: Suzuki and Yamaha are teaching Do Re Mi. I know many piano teachers who also teach using Solfeggio names for the music notes.

The matter or fact is: your kids will learn music notation so quickly with Soft Mozart that the music material that they will be given in school with 7 Alphabet notes names for them will be just a piece of cake to memorize. Through all these years teaching primary with Do Re Mi I didn’t receive a single complaint that one of my students have trouble adjusting to Alphabet system.

In contrary, I got Solfeggio helped many of my students to develop good singing and music sight-reading skills that helped them to be best in choir and other instruments classes.

Someone said: Do not swim with a stream – do not swim against the stream – swim where you want to be. Our goal is the most effective music development.

The ultimate goal of our classes is to develop children’s’ fullest potentials – not to follow the main stream.

In our program we have both system for a reason: after accomplishing all games in Solfeggio – we switch them to Alphabet names.

Solfeggio goes first, because it develops voice, music ear and promotes music memory through speech memory. Alphabet names students ought to know for learning advanced music theory, chords and counterpoint.

Most of professional music teachers know both systems and teach both of them. Half educated professionals would teach only what they know and feel comfortable with.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds