fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Joining the fun to learn piano :)

More
06 Dec 2011 10:08 #375 by Mandabplus3
Hi everyone, I have just purchased my 1year of piano fun and can't wait until it turns up! I found you through brillkids and instantly wanted to have a go. I have three children, one has been doing formal piano lessons for two years, and she still loves it! My second (6) girl starts lessons this year through school, she will be doing soft Mozart too. My son (3) will learn only on soft Mozart along with me! It should make for some interesting comparisons I think!
I have some basic music knowledge, but my dad says I am tone deaf, I am sure I am tonally challenged but I can still tell when my girl hits the wrong note! Lol I am keen to develop my own ears and improve my sight reading of music but I am most looking forward to my son learning. He really really loves music and I can see it light up his face with excitement.
One question do I need to locate a midi to USB cable or is it in the kit? The keyboard thankfully comes with all the right holes :) ( dad made an awesome choice in that over 10 year ago!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2011 12:28 #376 by NadiaD
Hi Mandabplus3,

I purchased the SM 12 month curriculum through Brillkids group as well. The MIDI connector is not included in the package, you Will need to buy it separately, depending on what keyboard you have. I have Yamaha keyboard, which works the best with Yamaha MIDi connector. Try to reserch using google suggestions of MIDI cable for the keyboard you have.

I am sure Hellene will be albe to help you with more info on this as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
06 Dec 2011 12:47 #377 by Mae_Jakob_Ka
Hi..this is Elle..I am from Brillkids forum too!!
I just purchased the perpetual one and am waiting for the copy of the software. I don't know anything about music. This journey is going to be challenging but fun!.

I am glad you guys are here so we can share our music teaching experience!

Cheers!!

Elle

More
06 Dec 2011 13:02 #379 by NadiaD
I just realized that I did not introduced myself properly as well.

My name is Nadia. I am a mom to 2 wonderful kids ages 28 months and 8 months.
I have learned about SM program on Brillkids forum about a year ago, and now, I think my daughter is old enough to start.
I bought 12 month subscibtion and received My SM software CD already. I haven't tried to install the program yet as I am still waiting for MIDI connector to arrive.

I am very excited to get started.

More
06 Dec 2011 17:59 #382 by ariel
You can use the USB connevtor also, I don't think MIDI is neccessary. USB cable is widely avail.

I am also coming from Brillkids. Hoping to teach my almost 3 year old. Nice meeting you all :)

More
06 Dec 2011 18:28 #383 by hellene
MIDI interface...
We have 2 available in our store:
This one works just with XP and Vista + all MACs
This one can work with Win 7 if the drivers are updated www.pianolearningsoftware.com/M-Audio-MI...with-Win-7_p_50.html

Some of the usb keyboards having usb to usb connectors, but before you buy such a keyboard, please, check, if it is win 7 compatible

I am very excited having you here, on our website
Please, contact me here or directly, if you need any help

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds