fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

new student

More
10 Jan 2017 18:31 #25160 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic new student

Mrvigil wrote: i can't seem to send a video, everytime I try, it disappears.

You have to upload your video on YouTube and share the link from YouTube browser here.
It will appear here as a video.

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2017 19:02 #25162 by Mrvigil
Replied by Mrvigil on topic new student
Here is the link

More
10 Jan 2017 20:23 #25166 by hellene

Mrvigil wrote: Here is the link

Thank you very much for sharing the video!
Here what I have noticed so far:

1. You don't look at your hands. It is a very good sign!
2. Piano touch is gentle. You play rhythmically.
3. You have good control over your fine motor skills.

Now the suggestions:

1. Posture. Please move your seat a little back.
2. Do you have higher chair? If not, piano should be a little lower. Your elbows should be above the keys.
3. Pretend that your arm is a 'pipe'. Get rid off the angle in the elbow. The imaginary 'water' should fall down from your shoulder to the keys.

Another set of suggestions considering your playing:
1. Don't master piano pieces for sight-reading. It doesn't help you to develop eye-sight for lines and spaces.
2. Play exercises every day. I have chosen beginner's piano pieces, where fingers fastened to piano keys. It is called 'hand position' songs. We have to fight fastening from the start, even though we use. Play exercises through all the octaves. Play with metronome. Increase speed gradually. You have to know all the keys with your eyes closed
3. Other methods start with enforcing correct fingering. They do, because they don't give your vision ability to see the notes and corresponding keys. Don't be afraid to play with the 'wrong' fingers. Avoid perfection. Sight-read more piano pieces. With quantity will go to quality.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Back to the Mozart

More
10 Jan 2017 21:06 #25167 by Mrvigil
Thanks, this will help me very much, I will work on the points you made.

More
11 Jan 2017 22:55 #25172 by Mrvigil
Today I practiced exercises in morning. In evening I did note alphabet 5 min 231
And guess key 5 min 269
Gentle piano Fav. Clas. Sight reading songs concentrating on sight reading, left hand, right then both, keeping my reading fresh, not repeating more than twice.
I raised my seat higher so my elbows are higher than the keyboard keys.

More
12 Jan 2017 09:47 #25173 by hellene

Mrvigil wrote: Today I practiced exercises in morning. In evening I did note alphabet 5 min 231
And guess key 5 min 269

Sounds great!

Gentle piano Fav. Clas. Sight reading songs concentrating on sight reading, left hand, right then both, keeping my reading fresh, not repeating more than twice.

Very good! It is like learning to drive. Many drive in the same place (1 song) and become really good drivers. However, they afraid to go on highway for the rest of their life :) You are not practicing for the sake of making perfect performance, but for the sake of developing your music skills and improving your confidence.

I raised my seat higher so my elbows are higher than the keyboard keys.

Now it is time to think about your pinky of the right hand. Many people forget to relax it. For that take a tennis ball or any small ball and keep it in your hands for awhile. Let's work on rounded hand!

Now, with the scores improving and such intense practicing, think of playing with the tips of your fingers.

And the last suggestion for today: don't make it a priority. Just keep in mind! Our goal is to keep cool and do not overcharge your mind to avoid stressing your muscles.

Back to the Mozart
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds