fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from MA/USA

More
02 Dec 2015 17:34 #21196 by namaste
Replied by namaste on topic Hello from MA/USA
Also, they were still 2 years old in September when the curriculum started. Sorry I am so confused on where to start since we're coming in during December and are only using the demo and trying to get the kids to do some of the exercises. They find it too overwhelming to do 5 finger exercises both hands to start. One won't even do it with the right hand, the other one would do it with right hand only.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2015 19:52 #21197 by namaste
Replied by namaste on topic Hello from MA/USA
Yay, progress, they are both singing the notes as they play them. I got the other one to use his R hand for the R hand exercise only today. Just the start, much like videos of 2 year olds I've seen on here.

Is it true that adults with no previous piano experience should start with level C or level 1?

More
03 Dec 2015 11:57 #21208 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello from MA/USA

namaste wrote: Thank you for writing!

We are using the demo with intel. My 3 year old twins love it and are working on playing what is there of hot cross buns and happy birthday. They can play right or left hand, but can't do both. I was able to download the door rain etc printout so they can find the keys. They still point to the screen and then find the corresponding key on the keyboard. I've already seen improvement in their accuracy and speed in just 3 days.

Yes, the Demo for Intel is a little different: it has different samples and all the pieces are not early childhood friendly. Hope that you will receive the full version very soon.

You described your children's development absolutely right: at the beginning they learn how to determine the notes on the screen and on the piano keys and how to shift the eye - focus. After this skill is built, they have more room in their mind for the further development.

I found the curriculum under the academy portion of the forum and have also printed out the flash cards.

Great. It develops their music theory skills through the speech. After that will be speech to pitch stage. How exciting! :woohoo:

I can't get them to do any finger exercises or using more than 1 finger yet.

It is normal. They are building the fingers awareness. You can do some extra games by touching different fingers and naming them. You also can get playdough and deep child's fingers into it making holes and placing tiny pictures next to each hole according to do re mi fa soft notes name. Ask them to lift finger Do or Re etc. It will be FUN!

I tried it myself and the Hanlon ones are a bit of a challenge even for me. Just having them name their fingers hasn't worked yet from the first month of the curriculum. I'm just trying to take it at their pace. They just turned 3 in September.

Please, keep in mind that Soft Mozart is designed not for the sake of perfect Hanon or piano piece - we use the curriculum to build child's mind, self-esteem and self confidence. They WILL learn since we have 100% success rate. Your attitude is just perfect: let them do everything in their own pace

We started with the surprise symphony for music appreciation and really appreciate your curriculum on the academy section even if we can't implement it all yet. I am wondering if we should start with the earlier curriculum instead of the one for ages 3-5.

I think so.

I would appreciate your suggestions. I've watched a number of the videos and tutorials on this forum which is great.

Thanks so much.

You are welcome! I enjoy reading your posts and helping you

Back to the Mozart

More
03 Dec 2015 12:00 #21209 by hellene

namaste wrote:
We are uncomfortable posting photos and videos online.

I understand. But posting video of children's hands will be very handy in the future, when more advance suggestions will be needed.

Back to the Mozart

More
03 Dec 2015 12:02 #21210 by hellene

namaste wrote: Is it true that adults with no previous piano experience should start with level C or level 1?

Prep C is for every adult. There are essential exercises/basic theory modules that you have to learn beforehand.

Back to the Mozart

More
03 Dec 2015 12:03 #21211 by hellene

namaste wrote: I think after reviewing the curriculum I am going to start with the 24-36 month program for them. It seems it is parallel with the one for 3-5 year olds but just a bit less to start and slower start up of skills which I think would work better for my premature twins. Then when they are 4 they could move up to the next program.

If you have different advice, please share.

After reading your description I agree with you. The motto of lesrning is GENTLE.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds