fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Teach fingering to toddler

More
24 Jan 2016 09:48 #21803 by telu
Replied by telu on topic Teach fingering to toddler
SharryHuang: Yes, that might seem like a good idea. I will try to build on that "recipe" of yours. Thank you.
By the way: Where did you get those stickers with BOTH letters and images on them? Maybe I will get them as well when/if I renew the subscription before February the 1st?

Elena: Spasibo bolshoe. I will try to upload some videos of my three year old daughter when I have time. But please tell me: Are there any step-by-step instructions for adults on the site when it comes to fingering? By this I mean: When you know how to play the basic position with your five fingers, where do you go from there? Hanon #1? And so on.

Also: If I renew/buy a basic package for 36 month, could I then download the song package for adults as well (containing Fur Elise etc.) or just the one for toddlers with Hot Cross Buns in it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2016 10:53 #21810 by sharryhuang
I made them by myself. I bought digital alphabet and Solfeggio here and use photo editor to combine them. Then I bought white sticker paper and print out on the paper and cut them.
I attached my own made paper here. You can use it if you like it.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: telu

More
25 Jan 2016 10:58 #21816 by telu
Thank you! You should become a graphic designer. :-)

More
23 Feb 2017 14:58 #25567 by telu
Now, my daughter, who recently turned 4, has made enormous progress. She plays most songs up to and including Grieg's Morning mood - with notes! There is just one very big (and maybe stupid) question on my behalf: When you start playing the piano, aren't you supposed to learn how to play with the right fingers from the very beginning? Because as far as I can tell, if one looks at all the videos/recitals published here, some kids play only with their index fingers while others play "correctly", and still others, like my daughter, already play well but not using the correct fingers as shown in the instructional videos.

Therefore, I think you should publish some kind of F.A.Q. "for dummies", where such basic questions are being answered. They are not easy for a non-musician to know the answer to. To a layman, it would seem that if one starts learning the piano with the wrong finger setting, or just let kids "fool around", as you recommend somewhere, it becomes more difficult to unlearn and play correctly later on? Or am I wrong?

In other words: should we just let the kids play the songs exactly as they want, not paying attention to the instructional videos except when the parents/adults themselves learn how to play a song?

Speaking of the latter: have any instructional videos ever been published for Favorite classics 0?

More
27 Feb 2017 13:36 #25574 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Teach fingering to toddler
I have to apologies: my Feb-March schedule this year is creazy and I am a little behind with answering the questions.

telu wrote: Now, my daughter, who recently turned 4, has made enormous progress.

I am very happy to read this!

She plays most songs up to and including Grieg's Morning mood - with notes! There is just one very big (and maybe stupid) question on my behalf: When you start playing the piano, aren't you supposed to learn how to play with the right fingers from the very beginning?

Your question is very important and not stupid at all. Our method is revolutionary new, because we present music note in new, visual and interactive dimension. You see, music note has 3 main features: pitch, place on Grand Staff and duration. We created all of them in one and developed gradual ways to bring the note from elementary to traditional. It completely changed our approach to fingering. Please, take a look at this material and let me know, if you understand, what should be done: www.softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hine...w-book.html?start=24

Because as far as I can tell, if one looks at all the videos/recitals published here, some kids play only with their index fingers while others play "correctly", and still others, like my daughter, already play well but not using the correct fingers as shown in the instructional videos.

You got it right! ;) The more space children have available in their mind - the more attention they can pay for fingers' management. All of them naturally develop their fingering. Organically and naturally - the 'key words' here.

Therefore, I think you should publish some kind of F.A.Q. "for dummies", where such basic questions are being answered. They are not easy for a non-musician to know the answer to. To a layman, it would seem that if one starts learning the piano with the wrong finger setting, or just let kids "fool around", as you recommend somewhere, it becomes more difficult to unlearn and play correctly later on? Or am I wrong?

You are absolutely right! I wrote a lot of materials about it, have videos, pictures, but still need to organize everything.

Look at this video! It will help you to see the amazing moment of switching from index to 5 fingers!

In other words: should we just let the kids play the songs exactly as they want, not paying attention to the instructional videos except when the parents/adults themselves learn how to play a song?

Speaking of the latter: have any instructional videos ever been published for Favorite classics 0?

Our goal is not a song, but the child. We use music to grow a happy, successful child. Are you following my lesson plans? The rest info in the article about fingering. Let me know, if it was helpful!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: marianaccruz

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds