fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

LR Files for Brillkids Moms

More
09 Jan 2012 16:18 #1021 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic LR Files for Brillkids Moms
Oh, guys! It seems like I can't sleep :woohoo: :woohoo: Just went to reast for few hours - and you already went to the depth of music theory that you didn’t supposed to know yet... My students pooling out the theory from me using claws
I don't give them too much information and I am considering theory that comes before the practice as a SPAM:
File Attachment:

However, you got me know… So, let’s talk about building blocks of tonalities. The architect who made initial plan for the building that we call ‘Major Scale’ and that is presented in our music Alphabet song consists of 7 blocks in the following pattern:

Step Step Half/step Step Step Step Half/step
Do - Re - Step
Re - Mi - Step
Mi - Fa - Half/Step
Fa - Sol - Step
Sol - La - Step
La - Ti - Step
Ti - Do - Half/ Step

It means that the distance between 2 NEXT piano keys COULD have Half/step (Mi – Fa, Ti – Do or E-F, B-C) or a Step, when between the keys there is one more key (black for instance)

Now I will fix a little Lee’s very amazing calculations. Karma to you, dear Lee!!!

All the scales are right, when you are writing them with Solfeggio names... Letters having mistakes here and there ;)

But all what you did is really cool!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: lzp11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2012 16:58 #1022 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic LR Files for Brillkids Moms

lzp11 wrote: Sonya - thanks for sending through the audio files.
The Do to Do scale is C major and very straightforward but I've hit upon a small problem when starting on the Re to Re file. I thought I would post here so we can also have input from Hellene and others. With other scales then there will need to be sharps and flats depending upon which scale it is. For example, with Re to Re (D major) there needs to be Fa# (F#) and Do# (C#) in the scale.

You are exactly right!

This is not a problem if just playing to teach the order of notes with spoken voice but it is an issue if we are creating musical files as it sounds very wrong to my ear without the flats and sharps.

If you would use the voice of our singer of the song, it shouldn’t be a problem!

Hellene - is there any confusion for children when singing Re to Re (for example) and the singer is singing "Fa" but it is actually Fa#?

Absolutely not! Learners register such modification in mind. When they have to play the scales by themselves, all they have to do is to switch the ‘wrong’ key to the closest one
Watch this video:

Kids are singing in all different tonalities without saying the sharps and flats. Music teachers who just know Alphabet names of notes and afraid of Solfeggio are intimidated and making others to be intimidated by the fact that we have to know all 7 sequences and ‘remember’ sharps and flats.
But by singing/playing music pieces in different tonalities with real solfeggio, beginners ‘get in touch’ with sharps and flats by voice and develop better voice and ear to hear all the alterations.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

More
09 Jan 2012 20:55 - 09 Jan 2012 20:56 #1025 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic LR Files for Brillkids Moms

hellene wrote: Oh, guys! It seems like I can't sleep :woohoo: :woohoo: Just went to reast for few hours - and you already went to the depth of music theory that you didn’t supposed to know yet...

LOL - did you not realise that having us join the forum might lead to insomnia... ;) Hope we are keeping you awake for the right reasons though :lol:

hellene wrote: However, you got me know… So, let’s talk about building blocks of tonalities. The architect who made initial plan for the building that we call ‘Major Scale’ and that is presented in our music Alphabet song consists of 7 blocks in the following pattern:

Step Step Half/step Step Step Step Half/step
Do - Re - Step
Re - Mi - Step
Mi - Fa - Half/Step
Fa - Sol - Step
Sol - La - Step
La - Ti - Step
Ti - Do - Half/ Step

It means that the distance between 2 NEXT piano keys COULD have Half/step (Mi – Fa, Ti – Do or E-F, B-C) or a Step, when between the keys there is one more key (black for instance)

Thank you for clarifying - and look forward to when we can learn this as part of the proper learning cycle!

hellene wrote: Now I will fix a little Lee’s very amazing calculations. Karma to you, dear Lee!!!

All the scales are right, when you are writing them with Solfeggio names... Letters having mistakes here and there ;)

But all what you did is really cool!

Ahh - I thought there may be one or two little errors so glad to have your sharp eyes :)
Last edit: 09 Jan 2012 20:56 by lzp11.

More
09 Jan 2012 21:12 #1027 by Mandabplus3
Oh boy I am glad I was asleep while you all worked through that one! Hellene there are some advantages to running on the opposite time schredule! Otherwise I would have been sitting there working through Lee's scales and running through the corrections which would have taken me a hole lot longer than it took Hellene! lol It took me my entire morning coffee to sort through all your night time work! Good night ladies :) you have definately earnt your rest tonight ;) Wonderful work as always.

More
09 Jan 2012 21:31 #1029 by Mrs.Post
OK Ladies,

After reading all the posts here were are:

@ Hellene: yes of course, if we just follow the singer she has it all figured out. But I didn't do that. Here is a copy from an earlier post - I was trying to make it easier on myself.

I will clarify this by saying that when I separated the new files, all I did was the note I was missing. I didn't redo the whole thing. So re-re, I just pulled High Re. Mi to Mi, I pulled High Mi.

The singer may be signing with the flats and sharps, but I can't hear it if she is. I have moderate hearing loss and can't make out many of the tones my family speaks let alone sings.

So, the second file I sent, ignore - as they are labeled wrong. So, for my sake and the sake of others, and since it doesn't matter yet, I am going to put the individual files in a folder labeled re-re, mi-mi, etc. Then I don't have to worry about making sure the right file is labeled correctly. I am just going to do each song from scratch. It will be lots of work but easier for everyone, including myself when I go to put it back together. So all the files for step one "Do-Do" will be in one folder. All the files for step 2 "Re-Re" will be in a second folder. I will put the whole thing in a zip file.

If you would rather have them labeled with sharps and flats instead of this way, we can have that discussion, or you can label them for your own use. I think I am going to go with Hellene's plan and not make extra work for my kiddos.

It is kind of like teaching reading. I don't teach all the sounds of "A" in the beginning - I just teach "A" and we work it out later. This makes a lot of sense to me. Kids are amazing in what they pick up. I am constantly amazed.

Sonya

Sonya

More
09 Jan 2012 21:37 #1030 by Mrs.Post
BTW - Hellene,

I have found that BK moms are like Education Warriors. Someone should have warned you!

Sonya

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds