fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Solfèggio variations

More
13 Dec 2011 01:25 #469 by Bossa
Solfèggio variations was created by Bossa
I have just received my 12 month subscription. I ordered it in Russian language as I teach my both kids to speak Russian (we live in USA). So I want to use russian words to teach them solfeggio. However, I am very confused now.
In russian variant it is Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Si Do, but in English Si is changed to Ti.
I do not know what to do. If I teach them the Russian variant, then I am afraid they will be confused when at American school they will be taught differently. I could not use the English words as both of them are not so fluent in English, esp. the younger one. I am thinking of changing Si (Сито) to Ti (Тигр), but then I do not have the right stickers.
Please advice me what to do.
Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2011 01:34 #470 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Solfèggio variations
Dear Bossa,

Before the Russian version came to existence, we had English version for all the countries and kids around the Globe learned 7 English words really quickly.

However, in case you would like to switch for the English version, just send us an email with request and we will reply with English file to you in no time! :)

Back to the Mozart

More
13 Dec 2011 17:14 - 13 Dec 2011 17:15 #475 by ariel
Replied by ariel on topic Solfèggio variations
Hi Bossa, I would not be worried, I think kids learn really fast. I am sure when they go to school they will figure out the difference in the Solfege and adapt as needed. I have noticed many things that I have taught my daughter differently from what she learns at school. She adapts quickly and it is almost like her brian is wired to also store differences/variants of things.

That is very commendable that you are teaching your daughters Russian first!

Hellene, speaking of this, In India we have Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, I always want to use that because it is soo deeply embedded in my head ;)
Last edit: 13 Dec 2011 17:15 by ariel.

More
14 Dec 2011 14:10 #481 by Bossa
Replied by Bossa on topic Solfèggio variations
Yesterday, I was looking at solfeggio cards on my computer ready to print them out. My older daughter came to room, and asked what I was doing. I explained to her that this is the musical alphabet we are going to learn. She said she knew it, and she sang "DO Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do" and then "Ti La Sol Fa Mi Re Do".
I was surprised. She told she learned it in her pre-kindergarten last year. So, now there is no reason for me to teach her the Russian variant. And the little one, I think, will easily catch up the English as she will listen to her sister. And she imitates absolutely everything her big sister does.

More
14 Dec 2011 14:52 #484 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic Solfèggio variations
I guess your answer was right there... :lol:

So happy that now this issue is clear for you and we will be using the same English version! I think your daughter will be flying through the lessons!

So exciting!

More
14 Dec 2011 16:05 #486 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Solfèggio variations

ariel wrote: Hellene, speaking of this, In India we have Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, I always want to use that because it is soo deeply embedded in my head ;)

Yes, Ariel! I am a little familiar with this system ;)
I think, it is very natural - to use these vowels to develop the voice and music ear.

I find it uncomfortable to sing C, D, E, F and G...

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds