fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Little Musician vs Soft Mozart

More
31 May 2012 01:10 #4161 by hellene

Mrs.Post wrote: Do you know if there is a way to add the SM solfege symbols into LM? It would be a nice addition and less confusing for those who are used to Soft Mozart.

Sonya, thank you very much for your thoughtful review! Unfortunately, my current life schedule didn't permit me to check LM - even though the creator already had sent me the link to download and try it.
I am going to communicate with KL more in the close future and I hope that we'll work some bridge between LM and Soft Mozart out.
I will keep you posted, girls!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, Mrs.Post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2012 01:59 #4174 by Mrs.Post
Do you have a copy of the SM icons in color as they are in Gentle Piano? I think that entering songs and doing the music alphabet would be wonderful to have them. If not I think I can color them in on paint.

The manual doesn't come out till next month for LM, so I am playing around with it trying to figure it out. I didn't to the month of Beta testing.

More
31 May 2012 02:05 #4177 by hellene

Mrs.Post wrote: Do you have a copy of the SM icons in color as they are in Gentle Piano? I think that entering songs and doing the music alphabet would be wonderful to have them. If not I think I can color them in on paint.

The manual doesn't come out till next month for LM, so I am playing around with it trying to figure it out. I didn't to the month of Beta testing.

You mean: all icons in read and blue?

Back to the Mozart

More
31 May 2012 02:27 #4180 by Mrs.Post
It's ok I've figured it out. I can make what I want really quickly. Adding the icons into Little Musician is not that hard - once it is done, it is done forever.

LM used icons for the notes just like Soft Mozart. However, the icons change all the time and they are colored. It seems to be working with the kids, but I want mine to use the SM icons. I am going to color them the same colors LM uses if that is ok with you.

More
31 May 2012 03:43 #4181 by hellene

Mrs.Post wrote: It's ok I've figured it out. I can make what I want really quickly. Adding the icons into Little Musician is not that hard - once it is done, it is done forever.

LM used icons for the notes just like Soft Mozart. However, the icons change all the time and they are colored. It seems to be working with the kids, but I want mine to use the SM icons. I am going to color them the same colors LM uses if that is ok with you.

Perfectly OK with me, Sonya! Let's do it!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

More
08 Jun 2012 02:24 #4313 by Kerileanne9
Thanks for the great and thorough review! We ultimately bought Little Musician about ten days ago and now I can't imagine being without both!
They really are not only complementary but almost symbiotic! I have seen my toddlers enthusiasm for playing piano with SM more than double with the addition of LM...
We do SM during the day, but it is not really conducive to cuddling at bedtime for a quick review like LM is. And I think SM has made her SO much more aware of music in general...on day three of LM, when the music appreciation section played Air on a G String (Bach), Alex piped up, "oh, I have that on my IPod." not because she recognized the name, but the music itself!
Yes, I know it is pricy to shell out the money for both. But, if your goals are to not only teach music, piano, appreciation, EK, etc.? Remember how much a years worth of piano lessons will cost, monetarily, time wise, opportunity cost, travel, etc... Oh, yeah, and the fact that I know kiddos who have been taking 'professional' lessons for two years that are not where SM kids are after a few months.
I can't thank you enough Helene!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds