fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Need help in progressing

More
10 Apr 2012 11:53 #2868 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic Need help in progressing
Thanks Manda for the tip! It will keep me from say "Do, it's a Do, Where's the Do..." 20 Times a second. That might be an exaggeration.....but when teaching little toddlers, that is what it feels like.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2012 21:53 #2873 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Need help in progressing

Mrs.Post wrote: Thanks Manda for the tip! It will keep me from say "Do, it's a Do, Where's the Do..." 20 Times a second. That might be an exaggeration.....but when teaching little toddlers, that is what it feels like.

Oh, I wrote about these visual extra points of support so many times that I thought everybody knows about it :huh:

Oh, well... In the perfect world :P

Back to the Mozart

More
18 Dec 2012 22:38 - 21 Dec 2012 18:32 #7351 by arvi
Replied by arvi on topic Need help in progressing

Here is the video (sorry for the poor quality, recorded using mobile phone) of my 2.8 year old son playing French song. I followed all the tips mentioned in this thread and this is where we are right now. A big thanks to everybody. Now, I have a few questions.

1. Please give me some feedback about my son's playing. He sings the solfege of both the treble and bass clefs. Is it ok? I think he better remembers the song when he memorizes/sings both the clef' notes.

2. He can play at the same speed/tempo with all the introductory songs and few songs in the nursery primer. We're religiously practicing the five fingers exercise every time we sit at the piano (2x a week). What exercise I can add on next?

3. Sometimes, he chooses a song that involves other notes like 'la' or 'ti', or higher end notes. I don't know what's the proper fingering to be used for those notes and I try to avoid those songs. But now is the time for me to be prepared. Are there any videos or tips on how to do this?
Last edit: 21 Dec 2012 18:32 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
26 Dec 2012 02:32 #7459 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Need help in progressing
Dear arvi,
Sorry it took me so long to comment on your video! I watched it with great deal of interest and will comment on it below

arvi wrote:
Here is the video (sorry for the poor quality, recorded using mobile phone) of my 2.8 year old son playing French song. I followed all the tips mentioned in this thread and this is where we are right now. A big thanks to everybody. Now, I have a few questions.

It is a break through, I think. It is hard to believe that your 2-year old son plays using to hands and singing solfeggio. I am impressed!

1. Please give me some feedback about my son's playing. He sings the solfege of both the treble and bass clefs. Is it ok? I think he better remembers the song when he memorizes/sings both the clef' notes.

Yes! When he names the notes it is easier for him to connect speech and pitch together and develop music ear and memory at the same time. You are on a right track here!

2. He can play at the same speed/tempo with all the introductory songs and few songs in the nursery primer.

Please, start cutting smaller sections of the Introductory pieces for mastering and memorizing. For example, cut Do Re Mi Do (1 bar). Ask him to play R and RH, L and LH and P and PH. After that cut another section (DO RE MI DO) again and do the same thing. After that 'glue' both sections together and play R, RH, L, LH, P and PH. Then cut MI FA SO etc.

Nursery Primer we usually use for sight-reading in future. Better to proceed to Favorite Classics 1 (Musette) or Nursery 1 (This old man)

It is very important for him to play using both hands and improving coordination now while his brain is in very active stage of development!

We're religiously practicing the five fingers exercise every time we sit at the piano (2x a week). What exercise I can add on next?

Did you check this section? Please, start teaching Hanon #1. If you need help on it, let me know: I will give you the link to a little article about how to start!

3. Sometimes, he chooses a song that involves other notes like 'la' or 'ti', or higher end notes. I don't know what's the proper fingering to be used for those notes and I try to avoid those songs. But now is the time for me to be prepared. Are there any videos or tips on how to do this?

Yes! We have all the teaching videos for beginners in a special section of our Academy: www.softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos.html

Just choose the Album and ask him to watch or even play alone with the video!
But for that he has to start memorizing the piano pieces.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds