fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Need help in progressing

More
04 Apr 2012 11:46 #2764 by arvi
Hi

I have a 2 year old (his birthday is in a few days). He started playing 'softmozart - Hot cross buns' on and off for the past few months. He is playing the green notes (or treble notes) in his right hand. He is able to score 11 flowers (or 7 flowers, not sure as I am right now in my office) and the right side of the screen showed 38 (is this seconds?). I think he plays this song pretty good with his right hand in one finger.

But I don't think he is right now ready to play the bass clef notes as it contains chords. He is trying but it is a difficult one for him at the moment.

So what should be my next step? Should I move onto another song, so that he can practise fluently with his right hand or should I allow him to play only 'Hot cross buns' until his left hand matures to play chords.

1. If I can progress onto next song, can you suggest another simple song like hot cross buns.
2. Btw, how does one record the score of the game. I really don't understand this part.

Sorry for using any non-technical terms as I am naive in music.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2012 14:34 #2765 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Need help in progressing

arvi wrote: Hi

I have a 2 year old (his birthday is in a few days). He started playing 'softmozart - Hot cross buns' on and off for the past few months.

Wait a minute... You are telling us that your baby started learning Gentle Piano BEFORE he turned 24 months? :woohoo:

He is playing the green notes (or treble notes) in his right hand. He is able to score 11 flowers (or 7 flowers, not sure as I am right now in my office) and the right side of the screen showed 38 (is this seconds?).

Please, keep recording his score. It is very important!
Date
Song
Score ____________/ ______________
On the left - amount of right notes plaid - on the right - time
BTW, time 38 for a toddler is an outstanding score!

I think he plays this song pretty good with his right hand in one finger.

Did you consider starting teaching him fingers' exercises?

But I don't think he is right now ready to play the bass clef notes as it contains chords. He is trying but it is a difficult one for him at the moment.

Please, take a look at this video. Teaching toddlers to play chords is not as hard as you think!

So what should be my next step? Should I move onto another song, so that he can practise fluently with his right hand

Yes! Let him play as many songs as possible from Introductory songs and Nursery Primer.

or should I allow him to play only 'Hot cross buns' until his left hand matures to play chords.

With the approach that been shown on the video above he will learn left hand pretty fast.

1. If I can progress onto next song, can you suggest another simple song like hot cross buns.

French Song, Jingle Bells, Ode to Joy

2. Btw, how does one record the score of the game. I really don't understand this part.

Wile playing the games, watch the time bar on the bottom left part of the computer screen. Set the goal to play 1, 2 or 3 minutes. When the time is expired, press F1 on your computer keyboard to stop the game. Write the results (amount of points in the 'treasure chest') down

Next time play the same game for the same amount of time and write the score again. See, how numbers are progressing. Give each game 1 month to master.

Sorry for using any non-technical terms as I am naive in music.

Thank you for using non technical terms! Let us help you!
I can't wait to see your baby's video!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, Mrs.Post

More
04 Apr 2012 18:35 #2773 by arvi
Replied by arvi on topic Need help in progressing
Thanks Hellene for the wonderful suggestions and support. I will try those. I have one more question, while singing solfege for songs in soft mozart, how should I sing. Do I have to sing both bass and treble cleff notes? If so, it becomes too weird to say 'do, sol, mi' (including the chords in bass cleff) for the first line in hot cross buns song.

Or should I just sing the treble cleff notes (which are easy for me to sing). For eg., while singing hot cross buns in solfege, I just sing 'mi, re, do; mi, re, do; do, do, do; re, re, re; mi, re, do.

More
04 Apr 2012 18:42 #2775 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Need help in progressing

arvi wrote: Thanks Hellene for the wonderful suggestions and support. I will try those. I have one more question, while singing solfege for songs in soft mozart, how should I sing. Do I have to sing both bass and treble cleff notes? If so, it becomes too weird to say 'do, sol, mi' (including the chords in bass cleff) for the first line in hot cross buns song.

Or should I just sing the treble cleff notes (which are easy for me to sing). For eg., while singing hot cross buns in solfege, I just sing 'mi, re, do; mi, re, do; do, do, do; re, re, re; mi, re, do.

You are welcome!

Just sing the notes from the Treble Clef. The chords should be percepted as units - it develops ability of any learner to be able to pick the right chords to any melody in future.

Keep us posted on your progress with Soft Mozart!

Back to the Mozart

More
07 Apr 2012 07:13 #2813 by accionpiano

hellene wrote:

arvi wrote: Thanks Hellene for the wonderful suggestions and support. I will try those. I have one more question, while singing solfege for songs in soft mozart, how should I sing. Do I have to sing both bass and treble cleff notes? If so, it becomes too weird to say 'do, sol, mi' (including the chords in bass cleff) for the first line in hot cross buns song.

You are welcome!

Ascending and descending, by thirds, by fourths. SoftMozart makes children learn Maths before starting school!
Just sing the notes from the Treble Clef. The chords should be percepted as units - it develops ability of any learner to be able to pick the right chords to any melody in future.

Keep us posted on your progress with Soft Mozart!

More
07 Apr 2012 09:44 #2815 by Mandabplus3
just one more thing to add to the wonderful advice :) When you start to teach him cords left hand for hot cross buns place two extra stickers (dots,stars, cars whatever!) on the cord notes for DO and SO. it helps guide their eyes and make it about a billion times easier :)....I may never take mine off.... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, Mrs.Post

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds