fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Sight reading practice order?

More
22 Mar 2012 05:01 #2608 by Mandabplus3
I need some guidance on what albums to use for sight reading...some sort of general order would be great. I think a number of people would be interested in a sort of grouping of the different levels for each album. Maybe just a basic these are first, these 2nd and these 3rd and 4th...
I am learning the songs from favorite classics 1. I think my sight reading is supposed to be a bit easier than that album right? So which albums are? I have been through nursery primer, and if I use it much more I will have those pieces memorized :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2012 12:49 #2613 by Bossa
Replied by Bossa on topic Sight reading practice order?
That's really true. We need some guide for what songs or albums to use for sight reading. My DD asks to read new songs, but I am not sure which ones to open for her.

More
23 Mar 2012 03:27 #2624 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: I need some guidance on what albums to use for sight reading...some sort of general order would be great. I think a number of people would be interested in a sort of grouping of the different levels for each album. Maybe just a basic these are first, these 2nd and these 3rd and 4th...
I am learning the songs from favorite classics 1. I think my sight reading is supposed to be a bit easier than that album right? So which albums are? I have been through nursery primer, and if I use it much more I will have those pieces memorized :)

Amanda,
This is a great question!
I use the following order of the Albums for the sight-reading (from the simple to advanced)

1. Nursery Primer
2. Favorite Classics Primer
3. Nursery 1
4. Christmas Varols
5. Christmas Classics
6. Favorite Classics 1
7. Boogie 1
8. Boogie 2
9. Favorite Classics 2
10 Favorite Classics 3

A also want you to know that if you see # or b after Treble and Bass Clev, the piece is going to be harder to play in a level or even two.

This is why, I would recommend you to do as following:

1. Read first the pieces with no # or b
2. Read only pieces with #s
3 Read only pieces with bs

In future you will start feeling the different tonalities and won't make as many frustrating mistakes with all the sharps and flats being overlooked. But now we have to be nice and loving to ourselves! We are BEGINNERS! :P

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, Mandabplus3, Mrs.Post

More
23 Mar 2012 03:42 #2625 by Mandabplus3
Thank you that is exactly what we needed :)

More
24 Mar 2012 23:57 #2638 by hellene
You are welcime!
Looking forward to see your progress
I had a lesson today with a student who is taking lessons for 10 years already. Of cause, she started with the program, when she was just 4.
Now she plays complicated pieces from the regular sheet music.

I was thinking: 'Ah, I will watch Amanda playing some nice composition created by Jacob off the sheet music one day' ;) It was such a happy thought!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
30 Mar 2012 19:38 #2701 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Sight reading practice order?
Ah this was exactly what I need to help plan my progress - thanks Hellene!
I'll post an update on my progress soon!

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds