fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

How to teach Perfect Pitch

More
03 Apr 2012 12:15 #2750 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic How to teach Perfect Pitch
Singing the songs in solfege helps. From my own experience with this, as I have moderate hearing loss of the low tones, and I cannot sing to save my life; playing the "Guess Key", my sense of notes and tone has increased dramatically. I can tell when other people are off pitch now. My kids are developing the same ability.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Florin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Apr 2012 08:48 #2864 by Florin
Replied by Florin on topic How to teach Perfect Pitch
My son Luca developed perfect pitch, and I started at 2 with him. Simply by playing simple tunes on piano, and asking him to sing them back, in solfeggio. His range was do re mi back then, but he remembered them on spot, and he was able to sing me a straight E or C, even when we were not studying at all... I guess kids at that age have the ability to remember pitch as easy as any other thing.
Later, with Soft Mozart games, he learned even more. Now he is 6, and he can pretty much recognize all the notes, even when we take long breaks (like 1 month not touching the piano.
Good luck!

More
10 Apr 2012 10:55 #2865 by Mrs.Post
Thank you Florin,

It just helped to reinforce what we are already doing. My kids are younger - so it is nice to know what they'll be doing later with consistent practice. Also, Hellene, you have a video somewhere, playing a game similar to "Guess Key" with a little girl. Can you post that link here?

Sonya

More
10 Apr 2012 23:28 #2878 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic How to teach Perfect Pitch

Mrs.Post wrote: Thank you Florin,

It just helped to reinforce what we are already doing. My kids are younger - so it is nice to know what they'll be doing later with consistent practice. Also, Hellene, you have a video somewhere, playing a game similar to "Guess Key" with a little girl. Can you post that link here?

Sonya

Sonya, could you, please, give me more details about the video? I have about 200 of them and may get lost... ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
11 Apr 2012 02:31 #2881 by Mandabplus3
Pretty sure she means the one with Rachel, the one you (or maybe Rachels mum) posted on Brillkids about 2 months ago.
Its on this forum somewhere already, under a perfect pitch topic.

More
13 Apr 2012 18:21 #2948 by Mrs.Post
Hellene,

I think Manda is right. You are demonstrating perfect pitch. You are hitting a key and the little girl (I also think it is Rachael), and she has her back turned to you. Then she turn around and plays the key on the piano. Then you ask her to play cords. I remember thinking....wow, I want to do that. Jealousy is a great motivator....especially when you are jealous of a 3 or 4 year old. :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds