fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

How to Start and Teach Keyboard Fingers

More
13 Feb 2012 12:44 #1931 by Jothisivam
We just bought and started to learn and teach SM to my son. We are very much confused on how to teach keyboard fingers to our little one. Please help us to understand the concept of fingers.

1. Which method we have to use in SM octave selection American or Italy for 2 and half years old baby? Would like to get advices from both octave users.

2. In keyboard how to represent the C and C# (White and Black key) in Do Re method respectively.

3. In India we are use to practice keyboard with the 4 fingers except little finger. In SM method we are using 5 fingers for “Do Re Mi Fa Sol”. Then which finger we have to use for “La Ti Do”

We are going the start piano learning with your valuable advice. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Jothi…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2012 15:38 #1936 by hellene

Jothisivam wrote: We just bought and started to learn and teach SM to my son. We are very much confused on how to teach keyboard fingers to our little one. Please help us to understand the concept of fingers.

Hi, Jothi! Great to see you here! Let's get started on our learning journey!

1. Which method we have to use in SM octave selection American or Italy for 2 and half years old baby? Would like to get advices from both octave users.

You mean Solfeggio or Alphabet? I know both and strongly advice you to start with Solfeggio. It is the most natural, close to Indian syllables and develop ears and voice of your child.

2. In keyboard how to represent the C and C# (White and Black key) in Do Re method respectively.

Kids learn the mode (how it sounds) very quickly. They don't have to say 'sharp' or 'flat', when they singing them. It is enough for them to feel that tune is a bit higher or lower.
Here is a video how they can do it:

3. In India we are use to practice keyboard with the 4 fingers except little finger. In SM method we are using 5 fingers for “Do Re Mi Fa Sol”. Then which finger we have to use for “La Ti Do”

Well, in classical music of 17 century people were barely using pinky and thumb too! Johan Back was the first who broke this rule. Well, after the 5 finger exercise there will be Hanon#1, Chromatic Scale and Do Major. You will learn how to get to the rest of the scale very soon!

We are going the start piano learning with your valuable advice. Thanks in advance.

I would also recommend you to check our learning diaries www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-diaries.html
You will be finding very valuable advices there. I would recommend you to keep one and write all you concerns and questions there. It will be very beneficial for you and other parents, who will follow your foot steps. [/quote]

Looking forward to hearing from you!

PS
And please, read this little article about teaching toddlers at home here:
www.softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hine...n-your-toddlers.html

Back to the Mozart

More
15 Feb 2012 04:20 #2009 by Jothisivam
Hi Hellene,

We are very much agreeing with your comment. But here we though him the Indian method of “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Dha Ni Sa” using 4 fingers before know about SM. And now we have planned to use the same instead of “Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do” using SM 5 figures method. Now my son is insisting too much to learn keyboard fingering for all these set at a time.

We are very much confused on how to teach the same method using 5 fingers as per our convenient also. Please share your ideas and videos for our best understanding to play the “Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do” at a same time. So that it will help us to teach fingering very easily to my son.

Thanks & Regards,
Jothi…

More
15 Feb 2012 08:25 #2010 by Mandabplus3
Jothi, when you are just beginning it is OK to use any or all fingers or only one finger! Once your son has a good score on a piece of music, then perhaps you could post a video of him playing so we can help. Also there are examples of what fingering to use in the learning experiences forum here
www.softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-exp...roductory-songs.html
And look at the hanon video here
www.softmozart.com/our-library/videos/9i...ercise-hanon-1-.html
Kids are much better than us adults at learning multiple things. My children have no trouble adapting to the ABC they learn at school and the DO RE ME they learn at home. I am sure you could easily teach two different fingerings. Just get started and post your problems as they happen. You really can't do any permanent damage from trying. :)

More
16 Feb 2012 03:09 #2030 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Jothi, when you are just beginning it is OK to use any or all fingers or only one finger! Once your son has a good score on a piece of music, then perhaps you could post a video of him playing so we can help. Also there are examples of what fingering to use in the learning experiences forum here
www.softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-exp...roductory-songs.html
And look at the hanon video here
www.softmozart.com/our-library/videos/9i...ercise-hanon-1-.html
Kids are much better than us adults at learning multiple things. My children have no trouble adapting to the ABC they learn at school and the DO RE ME they learn at home. I am sure you could easily teach two different fingerings. Just get started and post your problems as they happen. You really can't do any permanent damage from trying. :)

Thank you, Manda!
I won't be able to say better.
Karma to you!

Back to the Mozart

More
16 Feb 2012 03:12 #2031 by hellene

Jothisivam wrote: Hi Hellene,

We are very much agreeing with your comment. But here we though him the Indian method of “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Dha Ni Sa” using 4 fingers before know about SM. And now we have planned to use the same instead of “Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do” using SM 5 figures method. Now my son is insisting too much to learn keyboard fingering for all these set at a time.

We are very much confused on how to teach the same method using 5 fingers as per our convenient also. Please share your ideas and videos for our best understanding to play the “Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do” at a same time. So that it will help us to teach fingering very easily to my son.

Thanks & Regards,
Jothi…

Here is an instructional video of how to play Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do

I am planning to place a video of 3 year old student Rachel to play the exercise also very soon.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds