fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Working with Symbol flash cards

More
13 Jul 2016 22:00 - 13 Jul 2016 22:01 #23971 by gravitysdepth
Hello,

I see in the first lesson plan segment for 24 - 36 months there is a spot where it shows going over flash cards of the various symbols for Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do. My 29 month old is able to identify and sound out letters, spell, and count. Should this be an exercise I go over with her? I just feel that relating the sounds by symbols might be a back step for her. I have been working with her for about a week before signing up for this program and she is able to say "Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do" while pressing the keys using only the CDEFGABC notes on the keyboard.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2016 22:01 by gravitysdepth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2016 08:50 #23972 by hellene

gravitysdepth wrote: Hello,

I see in the first lesson plan segment for 24 - 36 months there is a spot where it shows going over flash cards of the various symbols for Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do. My 29 month old is able to identify and sound out letters, spell, and count. Should this be an exercise I go over with her? I just feel that relating the sounds by symbols might be a back step for her. I have been working with her for about a week before signing up for this program and she is able to say "Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do" while pressing the keys using only the CDEFGABC notes on the keyboard.

Hello, gravitysdepth!
Welcome!
You asked a very important question!
Your child is very bright, if can handle multitasking!

However, I would suggest to stick with Solfeggio for awhile. It promotes singing, music memory and ear. With my system your child will be bi-lingual any way, but the syllables are more comfortable to sing and memorize.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: bella

More
27 Jul 2016 17:00 #23992 by gravitysdepth
Thank you Hellene,

After trying for a few days with Solfeggio, I can understand why you suggest to start with it. Makes more sense especially since she is just starting out.

Thank you.

More
28 Jul 2016 01:38 #23995 by hellene

gravitysdepth wrote: Thank you Hellene,

After trying for a few days with Solfeggio, I can understand why you suggest to start with it. Makes more sense especially since she is just starting out.

Thank you.

Yes! I am glad that you brought it out and gave me a chance to explain. Tell me more about the progress a little later!
BTW, did you get a chance to read my latest article about the best ways to develop your child's attention span?

Back to the Mozart

More
02 Aug 2016 16:20 #24013 by gravitysdepth
I will have to read that tonight, as I did have some focus issues with "Guess Key School". She seemed more interested letting the spider get the fallen fruit :) I will be posting her progress tonight in the correct section of this forum.

More
02 Aug 2016 17:24 #24014 by hellene

gravitysdepth wrote: I will have to read that tonight, as I did have some focus issues with "Guess Key School". She seemed more interested letting the spider get the fallen fruit :) I will be posting her progress tonight in the correct section of this forum.

Yes! After the reading you will have more clear picture on how attention span of any learner works. ;)

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds