fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

so excited after feeling dumb for months

More
05 Feb 2012 21:52 #1741 by bella
ok here our story . i had soft mozart for months and i always found excuses for not using it , and of course when i did want to use it , ah , computer crashed, but well computer got fixed and still i didn't start my lessons . i don't know why i was scared confused , till i got on this board and read all your updates , and boy oh boy , i was so jealous and angry from myself . and for a week now i have been playing around with the software . my darling five years old Tina was my first student , her three years old brother is not really taking it seriously yet , but his sister's success made him wants to learn also and get a bit more serious .
she got the flashcards in one session up and down , didn't stop playing the five finger exercises , love to watch her fingers hitting the keys .
played few times the guess key and the fruit line , and surprised us all by shouting the note name from far without seeing the screen when her brother was playing the guess game himself.

and today we introduced hot cross bun right hand , and by the end of the day she scored15 of 15 and 6 on the right of the screen.
she didn't want to go to bed , all she wanted to do is play piano .

i think this is a good start , i hope she will maintain her enthusiasm and continue this way .
now that i won her in , i will focus a bit more on her brother . i taught her how to start a game , exit , how to record her score , and she is so proud that she can do it all independently.
she is already dreaming to put up a show for her grandma and uncle :)
i never thought learning to play could be so easy , but thanks to softmozart it is possible now .

thank you all , i couldn't have done it without this board .
love
viv
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 02:08 #1747 by Mandabplus3
wow thats quite amazing progress over a short time. your daughter will fly through the program. She sounds very enthusiatic and its great she has picked up the note pitch already.
You son will get there too, keep it light and fun and short lessons often. Boys at this age are plain hard work, they are always silly :silly: , even when they are being serious!. they are very proud of themselves when they nail it so praise often. A sticker reward chart is working very well for my son to encourage practice too.
Good luck cant wait to see you updates.

More
07 Feb 2012 02:10 #1770 by hellene

bella wrote: ok here our story . i had soft mozart for months and i always found excuses for not using it , and of course when i did want to use it , ah , computer crashed, but well computer got fixed and still i didn't start my lessons . i don't know why i was scared confused , till i got on this board and read all your updates , and boy oh boy , i was so jealous and angry from myself . and for a week now i have been playing around with the software . my darling five years old Tina was my first student , her three years old brother is not really taking it seriously yet , but his sister's success made him wants to learn also and get a bit more serious .

Bella, I am so happy to hear back from you! Finally, we met here. Don't blame yourself: we also had to work hard for all this time to make the forum and network happen!

Now we all get together and will start towards our first goal for this school year: PIANO RECITAL! :woohoo: So, do not get too comfortable :P

she got the flashcards in one session up and down , didn't stop playing the five finger exercises , love to watch her fingers hitting the keys .

Oh, I wish to see that!

played few times the guess key and the fruit line , and surprised us all by shouting the note name from far without seeing the screen when her brother was playing the guess game himself.

:ohmy:
It seems like she has perfect pitch already? Wow! Now you don't have any excuse do not teaching her!

and today we introduced hot cross bun right hand , and by the end of the day she scored15 of 15 and 6 on the right of the screen.
she didn't want to go to bed , all she wanted to do is play piano .

With such score it is time to hide the notes! Please, ask her to play R and RH, L and LH and P and PH. Let us know, what happens! ;)

i think this is a good start , i hope she will maintain her enthusiasm and continue this way .

We'll all help her and you to maintain it! Tell her that she is having someone in Russia, USA, Australia, Spain, Singapore and other countries compete, who's 'Hot Cross Buns' is ... 'Crosser' :P

now that i won her in , i will focus a bit more on her brother . i taught her how to start a game , exit , how to record her score , and she is so proud that she can do it all independently.

It was very wise move of yours! Soon enough she will help her brother and before you know it, you son will open the program himself :lol:

she is already dreaming to put up a show for her grandma and uncle :)
i never thought learning to play could be so easy , but thanks to softmozart it is possible now .

What should I say? It is right time!

thank you all , i couldn't have done it without this board .
love
viv

Thank you for joining us!

Back to the Mozart

More
07 Feb 2012 10:28 #1780 by lzp11
What a great story - thanks so much for your post it is very inspiring!

Really glad that the forums is helping you - I am finding it amazing for giving support and keeping me motivated!

Well done all of you - look forward to hearing more about how you are getting along :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
07 Feb 2012 20:33 #1799 by Bossa
It's a very good start. My DD is also 5 years old, and she really likes the software. her favorite part is playing the songs, of course. I can advice you only one thing, make it fun for your kids, and even if they want to do something different that is not in the curriculum, let them try. I let my daughter to choose what songs she wants to play, after she learnt all beginner songs ( it would be very quickly, believe me). So she is playing Old McDonald now. She is happy when she can play piano to other members of our family. It is the most fun, especially when they praise her.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds