fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Solfeggio variations - India

More
25 Jan 2012 03:16 #1362 by Jothisivam
Really Thanks for your time Hellene…

We are very happy to see your post with clear information for the each and every point. It is really help full for us. Know we are decided and so much interested to teach music to my son with your SoftMozart system. In my childhood I was interested to learn music but I didn't get that opportunity. But now I am confirmed to teach music to my son.

Thanks Hellene. You have invented this software for the parents who are very much interested to teach music to their Child. We wish to have your valuable suggestions in future also.

We would like to convey our thanks to Mandaplus. She is the one guided us to reach SM through Brillkids forum. Thanks for your valuable comment.

Thanks Ttteh...I got valuable friends like you in the forum.

I am very much proud to say that my son is able to read and speak English in the age of 1 Year 10 Months. We are teaching English and Phoenix in our own way. We didn't use any system like LR. Now he is able to read everything in English systematically. We believe that he can learn music with English "Do Re Me" method.

I have joined to Keyboard class for teach only to my son. But I have one more doubt. In India no one music teacher is available to teach music with "Do Re Me" style.

In future while he goes to any music school, they will teach music with "Sa Re Ga Ma". Will he get any problem?

Please give any suggestion for me. I am awaiting for your precious suggestion.

Thanks once again to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD, Mandabplus3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2012 04:30 #1363 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic Solfeggio variations - India
Jothisivam,

I admire what a dedicated mother you are! Your son is so lucky to have you!

I totally understand your concerns, you do not want to confuse your child. You want that whatever he will learn with SoftMozart software can be then be advanced further with the help of private lessons...
From what you explained I understood, in India they still use the same Grand Staff, just names of the notes are different.
I think you can still use the Software... Just tell your son that door is Sa, do not even specify " door is Sa", just point to the image of it and call it Sa, then rain image call "Re", and so on... Like this your son from the beginning will be using Indian Solfege Names for singing when playing the songs. This is not the perfect solution, but you will be able to use the software. You will not be able to use Alphabet Chant Song, as It has Do, Re, Mi names but you can sing Sa , Re, Ga using the Hellene's Note Alphabet layout together with your son...
I am positive that you can make it work! The SM Software gives the child Great visual path to understanding Grand Staff! With out it I do not know how I would be able to explain my daughter the sequence of the notes in the songs, our which keynote she has to play...

All the best luck to you!

More
25 Jan 2012 06:01 #1367 by Mandabplus3
I have two girls learning piano through lessons. One is doing soft Mozart with do re me and her lessons are in a,b,c,d,e,f,g. We havent had a problem yet. I don't think we will. At some point she will make the connections to each DO is C ect. My oldest already figured it out. I also am trained in abc and am learning in do re me. No problems, the kids are smarter than me! Now I can't say for sure how your very young child will go ( mine doing lessons are 6 & 8) but the teachers in India teach the Indian singing for piano don't they? Sa re ga ma? Like Nadia said you can just substitute if you are worried OR you could provide the music teacher with the soft Mozart equivalent and then they can solve problems as they arrive. Remember you child is very clever they have already learnt two representations of every letter, upper case "A" and lower case "a" so a few more music bits will be easy! T tell the truth you will probably decide to quit the lessons before long :) I only get them because they are through the kids school and they get out of class to go to them :)
Commit with confidence, we are all here to help! Oh and our kids can learn the Indian music alphabet from you too! Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, NadiaD

More
25 Jan 2012 17:59 #1370 by Jothisivam
I am very happy to see your valuable suggestion and we will take it forward with all your support to start our journey with music for my little one.

NadiaD and Mandabplus you have beautiful hearts to help others.

Thanks once again to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
28 Jan 2012 02:46 #1460 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: No I am not a member but I am curious now! Do I want to be?
Truthfully Hellene it is like I said before I am lazy and like to take the easy path :) I always ask "why" is it done that way "why" should I do it that way? Why? Why? Why? I am worse than a two year old :) my partner knows never to ask me to do anything with out giving me a reason too :)

Well, there are some teachers in groups are trying to tell me (and all the Internet world) that Solfeggio is actually not good, because they simply do not know it :P

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Jan 2012 06:22 #1461 by Mandabplus3
Oh boy that happens a lot with teachers! Sometimes ( actually often) they forget they don't know everything! Occupatioal hazard, you spend all day teaching to kids who are sponges and forget that adults have an opinion of their own. But hey I now know exactly how important solfege is to learning piano! Oh and indeed music. Plus it's much more fun than cdefg! I shall look into what the Aussie educational opinion is. :)

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds