fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Solfeggio variations - India

More
21 Jan 2012 15:02 #1322 by Jothisivam
Greetings,

We would like to buy the “softmozart music learning system” for our 2.6 years old son and we are in the level of zero in music knowledge.

While watching your video it is focusing the English style of teaching. But in India we don’t have an option to learn music in that way. Here we are using only Indian style.

India Style – “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Dha Ni Sa”
English Style – “DO Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti DO” (C D E F G A B)

Is that your music learning system have an option to change the setting to Indian style of teaching?

It will help the little one to understand very easily and in our native language style.

We are very much confused and concern about this. Please help us to understand and How to make our little one to understand the difference of solfege variations using your system.

Thanks & Regards,
Jothi…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2012 17:44 #1340 by hellene
Hi, Jothisivam,
Welcome to our Soft Mozart community!

Jothisivam wrote: Greetings,

We would like to buy the “softmozart music learning system” for our 2.6 years old son and we are in the level of zero in music knowledge.

It is perfectly OK. We'll help you to learn and teach your son at home here.

While watching your video it is focusing the English style of teaching. But in India we don’t have an option to learn music in that way. Here we are using only Indian style.

It is rather Russian or French style of teaching based on Solfeggio system

India Style – “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Dha Ni Sa”
English Style – “DO Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti DO” (C D E F G A B)

Indian classical music is different from European and I love your ragas! However, our music/notation has many layers/voices and the relationship between the notes is not as subtle as Indian.

Our program teaches classical European style and solfeggio syllables. However, I already noticed that Solfeggio vowels are pretty close to Indian vowels. For music learning vowels are more important then consonances.

Is that your music learning system have an option to change the setting to Indian style of teaching?

No

It will help the little one to understand very easily and in our native language style.

If your child understand 7 English words: door rain mirror farm sault ladder tea - he is ready to learn with our program

We are very much confused and concern about this. Please help us to understand and How to make our little one to understand the difference of solfege variations using your system.

Do not be confused. The method that we are using is very intuitive and your child will get it pretty fast. It is much easier then to learn another language! For years we had only English pictures for many countries and kids all over the world memorized these 7 English words in no time. :)

Again, welcome to our community! We a very happy to have you with us!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jothisivam

More
24 Jan 2012 09:06 #1342 by ttteh
Replied by ttteh on topic Solfeggio variations - India
Jothi,

Welcome to the Soft Mozart community. I am a mother learning using SM and have two children using this program.

Little Children learn Solfeggio easily. You can just introduce them the 7 english word - door rain mirror farm sault ladder tea and then tell him door as do, rain as re and so on. After many times repeatition, they will know the relationship of picture and solfeggio. It is not a concern.

Pei Lin
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, Jothisivam

More
24 Jan 2012 10:10 #1345 by Mandabplus3
Actually if your child doesn't understand English then just teach them that the picture of the door is Do, the picture of the rain cloud is Re. There is no need for the middle step of door is do. My son went strait to the door picture is do and the cloud is re! He didn't realize it was a door and didn't realize that is is a picture of rain! Since the girls can both read they went strait to do re me also. You can teach them the English words for the pictures later just as an extra thing to learn.
I really don't think the language of the program will make any difference to your child, so long as someone can read the instructions :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, Jothisivam

More
24 Jan 2012 20:11 #1349 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Actually if your child doesn't understand English then just teach them that the picture of the door is Do, the picture of the rain cloud is Re. There is no need for the middle step of door is do. My son went strait to the door picture is do and the cloud is re! He didn't realize it was a door and didn't realize that is is a picture of rain! Since the girls can both read they went strait to do re me also. You can teach them the English words for the pictures later just as an extra thing to learn.
I really don't think the language of the program will make any difference to your child, so long as someone can read the instructions :)

I never thought of such straight link to Solfeggio notes names. I read and read and read this post again and again and after that I had a thought. We tell kids: this is a cat. Why is it C_A_T, how did we decide to call the cat - C_A_T.. we never give our kids such explanation. However, they manage to deal with it and learn entire languages being just kids.

So, memorizing 7 music notes names is NOTHING compare to that!

Manda, I have a question for you. Are you a member of linked in?

Back to the Mozart

More
24 Jan 2012 21:48 #1360 by Mandabplus3
No I am not a member but I am curious now! Do I want to be?
Truthfully Hellene it is like I said before I am lazy and like to take the easy path :) I always ask "why" is it done that way "why" should I do it that way? Why? Why? Why? I am worse than a two year old :) my partner knows never to ask me to do anything with out giving me a reason too :)

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds