fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

MIDI connection and Win 7

More
01 Sep 2011 10:41 #8 by hellene
Before Win 7 came to existence we didn't have much to worry about MIDI connection between digital piano/keyboards and our computers.

Now everything is different.

Guys, be aware! If you have Win 7, it won't connect to your USB keyboard! In order to make PC Win 7 and USB keyboard to connect, go to the piano manufacturer site and update your piano driver for Win 7, if... they have such driver (apparently, Yamaha do! Hooray!)

If you have a keyboard/piano with MIDI IN and OUT - get M-Audio interface (they have place to upgrade drivers for Win 7)

In our store we currently offer interfaces that work for Vista and XP, but planning to get M-Audio in the closest future.

So, I think, the best solution here is... to have Win XP and avoid Win 7. In the perfect world :dry:

If you lucky to have Win 7, DRIVER is the word to handle any technical issue with connection (if accured)

Back to the Mozart
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2011 19:33 #31 by crecord40
Replied by crecord40 on topic MIDI connection and Win 7
I'm using the 64-bit version of Windows 7 and it works perfectly with my Yamaha P-85 and Gentle Piano. However, I had to upgrade the HASP HL Device Driver. This is very easy to do by going to www.esafe.com

More
10 Sep 2011 19:40 #32 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic MIDI connection and Win 7
Thank you very much for your input in this!
For how long do you use the program?

Back to the Mozart

More
10 Sep 2011 23:45 #33 by crecord40
Replied by crecord40 on topic MIDI connection and Win 7
Your welcome.

I purchased this prooduct almost two years ago for my 3 year old. I was told by an instructor that she was to young to learn piano. Now she is 5 and she is so interested in music that we are about to try again.

As for me, I used the product for about 3 weeks and learned to play several songs. Now I need to concentrate more on reading music, and the rest of the program. :)

Excellent product, I have recommended it to several people "with" and "without" children.

More
11 Sep 2011 13:30 #36 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic MIDI connection and Win 7
Thank you for sharing your story!
Here, on this forum I and other certified teachers will help you and your daughter to learn successfully.
Feel free to ask any questions here or individually.
Do you know the main rules of learning how to read music with the program?

Back to the Mozart

More
15 Jan 2012 16:43 #1194 by AnnaK
Replied by AnnaK on topic MIDI connection and Win 7
Hallo,

we seem to have the same / a similar problem.

We try to install a Windows 7 driver for a Roland HP 203 electric piano.

The installation process of the Roland Driver does not go forward.
As soon as we connect the piano to the computer and switch on the piano, the process stops.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thank you very much in advance!

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds