fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Casio and 64 bit windows Vista

More
08 Dec 2011 04:19 #416 by queenkmommy
Hello,
I am greatly confused with all of these USB and MIDI connections. I was seeking to purchase a Casio CDP220 at Costco to use with this program. I have windows Vista 64 bit OS. After speaking with Casio it seems their keyboards are only good with XP, Vista 32 bit, and Windows 7. I am assuming that no matter what MIDI interface I buy that it will not work with my OS and a Casio? After talking to someone from Yamaha they said the keyboard doesn't matter but it is only the MIDI that I chose to use with it that will work with the Vista 64 bit. Is it that Yamaha does not have drivers in the keyboard but only in the external MIDI but Casio does have keyboard drivers? I am very confused. Please help!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2011 15:14 #430 by hellene

queenkmommy wrote: Hello,
I am greatly confused with all of these USB and MIDI connections. I was seeking to purchase a Casio CDP220 at Costco to use with this program. I have windows Vista 64 bit OS. After speaking with Casio it seems their keyboards are only good with XP, Vista 32 bit, and Windows 7. I am assuming that no matter what MIDI interface I buy that it will not work with my OS and a Casio? After talking to someone from Yamaha they said the keyboard doesn't matter but it is only the MIDI that I chose to use with it that will work with the Vista 64 bit. Is it that Yamaha does not have drivers in the keyboard but only in the external MIDI but Casio does have keyboard drivers? I am very confused. Please help!!!

Any MIDI compatible keyboard can be connected to computers. MIDI interface is the key of connection. After Win 7 came most of the keyboard/cables manufacturers had to build special drivers for it.
This is where the confusion came from IMHO.
In our store, for instance, we have one chord that works with Win 7 www.pianolearningsoftware.com/M-Audio-MI...with-Win-7_p_50.html (have drivers for it)
and another - not www.pianolearningsoftware.com/USB-MIDI-Interface_p_34.html (have not)

Vista suppose to work with the second one. You can get it, try on our Demo and if not working, return it.

Back to the Mozart

More
16 Dec 2011 09:21 #511 by sidonia
Hello!

I would like to ask 2 things:

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium , 32 Bit computer.I would like to buy a Yamaha Ypt 220 61 Key Keyboard.

1.My Windows Vista 32 bit computer will work with my Yamaha Ypt 220 61 Keyboard?

2.What type of Usb-Midi cables should i by to connect succesfull the computer with my keyboard?Should i by an M-Audio Adapter,or a Midi-Usb interface ?Thank you in advance.

More
16 Dec 2011 16:47 #517 by hellene

sidonia wrote: Hello!

I would like to ask 2 things:

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium , 32 Bit computer.I would like to buy a Yamaha Ypt 220 61 Key Keyboard.

1.My Windows Vista 32 bit computer will work with my Yamaha Ypt 220 61 Keyboard?

It should

2.What type of Usb-Midi cables should i by to connect succesfull the computer with my keyboard?Should i by an M-Audio Adapter,or a Midi-Usb interface ?Thank you in advance.

MIDI - USB should work!

Back to the Mozart

More
02 Jan 2012 23:00 #836 by queenkmommy
Hello,
I am even more confused now. I did purchase the Casio keyboard from Costco. Now I understand why Casio said the keyboard is not compatible with Vista 64 bit. It is because instead of a MIDI in and MIDI out the MIDI is somehow built into the keyboard itself and only a USB connects the computer to the keyboard. So now I have no idea how to get this to work except to get a new computer with windows 7? I am assuming since the soft mozart software works with windows 7 and the Casio keyboard says it is compatible with windows 7 that all I would need to do is connect with a USB? I will contact you to find out how to return the MIDI cable. Thanks for any help.

More
02 Jan 2012 23:08 #837 by hellene

queenkmommy wrote: Hello,
I am even more confused now. I did purchase the Casio keyboard from Costco. Now I understand why Casio said the keyboard is not compatible with Vista 64 bit. It is because instead of a MIDI in and MIDI out the MIDI is somehow built into the keyboard itself and only a USB connects the computer to the keyboard. So now I have no idea how to get this to work except to get a new computer with windows 7? I am assuming since the soft mozart software works with windows 7 and the Casio keyboard says it is compatible with windows 7 that all I would need to do is connect with a USB? I will contact you to find out how to return the MIDI cable. Thanks for any help.

If you purchased the MIDI cable from us, don't hurry to return it: we'll give you refund any time.
Please, try to connect computer and keyboard first and see what is going to happen.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds