fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Starting out/keyboard question

More
11 Feb 2012 22:19 #1885 by Kerileanne9
So I just ordered SoftMozart and now am wondering what to do about the keyboard issue! We currently have an older 61 key keyboard, and it does have a MIDI connection. Should I try to start with this to see if two year old daughter really enjoys the program, or is it easier to start her out on one she will use for a long while?
This is the model we currently have, although I originally purchased it just to play around on a bit. Anybody familiar with it, and will it be confusing for a young toddler to switch later?

YAMAHA PSR-225GM 61 Key Educational Keyboard with MIDI, Music Sequencer and Grand" Piano Sound (YAMAHA PSR225GM)
by Yamaha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2012 01:47 #1886 by hellene

Kerileanne9 wrote: So I just ordered SoftMozart and now am wondering what to do about the keyboard issue! We currently have an older 61 key keyboard, and it does have a MIDI connection. Should I try to start with this to see if two year old daughter really enjoys the program, or is it easier to start her out on one she will use for a long while?
This is the model we currently have, although I originally purchased it just to play around on a bit. Anybody familiar with it, and will it be confusing for a young toddler to switch later?

YAMAHA PSR-225GM 61 Key Educational Keyboard with MIDI, Music Sequencer and Grand" Piano Sound (YAMAHA PSR225GM)
by Yamaha

Keri,

You are lucky! You have great instrument to start you journey with. In my class I have Casio and Yamahas of the same kind and some of them since 1998! They last without losing quality.

For a toddler it is a perfect fit. Later on, whan she will develop her skills, we are going tp talk about purchasing a piano for her.

Back to the Mozart

More
12 Feb 2012 03:53 #1888 by Kerileanne9
Fantastic! That makes me feel better already as she at least has been playing with this one for a while. I have been figuring out the notes to play her favorite kiddie songs for her, but hadn't actually planned on lessons for her for at least another year...then she started watching Tweedlewinks DVDs and she became VERY interested in 'notes' as she calls them. I didn't actually realize that not everybody could hear a song and figure out how to play it until hubby was shocked that I could and we had a look online. Luckily our daughter seems to be picking it up, so I can't wait to get her started!
And yes Hellene, we would love for you to advise us on a piano when she is ready! I think our whole family is going to learn together...

More
12 Feb 2012 05:19 #1890 by NadiaD
So excited that you have all the things already!
Looking forward to your updates!

More
12 Feb 2012 09:12 #1895 by Mandabplus3
Oh kerileanne I am jealous of your ears already :) welcome!

More
12 Feb 2012 17:28 #1900 by hellene

Kerileanne9 wrote: Fantastic! That makes me feel better already as she at least has been playing with this one for a while. I have been figuring out the notes to play her favorite kiddie songs for her, but hadn't actually planned on lessons for her for at least another year...then she started watching Tweedlewinks DVDs and she became VERY interested in 'notes' as she calls them.

:ohmy:

I didn't actually realize that not everybody could hear a song and figure out how to play it until hubby was shocked that I could and we had a look online. Luckily our daughter seems to be picking it up, so I can't wait to get her started!
And yes Hellene, we would love for you to advise us on a piano when she is ready! I think our whole family is going to learn together...

It seems like we have family of prodigies on board! I am excited! :woohoo:

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds