fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Isaac - 3.5 year old just started with Demo

More
22 May 2013 09:03 #10324 by Mandabplus3
Yes that is a great idea. Let him use whatever fingers he wants to until he knows the piece dry well. Preferably from memory. At this point the will be room in his conscious that to learn something else. You don't want him to be thinking about of much at once or he will get frustrated.
You can show the video ( check the forum index for learning videos) for the song he is learning and point out the different fingers the player uses but don't push too much until he has the song well under control.
Keep it up you are doing great!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2013 11:07 #10325 by cheyeow
Hi Sonya,

Thanks for your reply. Btw, should I introduce hot cross buns or let him keep going with ode to joy till he can comfortably play ode to joy?

More
29 May 2013 15:58 #10426 by cheyeow

More
30 May 2013 21:03 #10455 by hellene
HCB if much easier!

Back to the Mozart

More
31 May 2013 15:24 #10509 by cheyeow
Hi Hellene,

Isaac has also started on HCB which I posted in the recital. He plays R and L hands separately. Still likes to play with two fingers on the bass clef. I guess his fingers are not that strong yet, but we have tried to play it with one hand today., which is still struggling as he hasn't got the strength yet, so I have just allowed him to play with his two fingers which he enjoys.

I will repost the two videos I posted in the recital category.

1. Isaac plays 'Ode to Joy' Right hand. He can do the left as well, but I didn't record it. He can also play it from memory, although he has some extra notes which he plays and goes in a loop sometimes.

2. Isaac plays ' Hot Cross Buns' right hand only. He can also play this from memory.

Isaac has now been practising the songs with position 1,2,3,4.

I have also started the flash cards ' RE' to 'RE' as suggested by you and it seems harder than ' Do' to 'Do' for him. I think it just a matter of getting use to it.

I have also given him the Broken Chord Waltz to play and he enjoys playing 'Do' 'Me' 'So' broken chords in the left hand. That's the new thing he is playing at the moment since he still can't put two hands together.

Isaac has also been playing Guess Key, but his attention on it is not consistent. We tried the NOte Duration game with me holding his finger and pressing it as sometimes when he presses, the game hangs after a couple of presses (don't know why this happens).

As for the treble and bass clef puzzle and fruit lines, I have to help him with the computer skills while he calls out the right notes.

Is there any ideas of how other families have showed the notes and treble and bass clef staff on paper? I know someone did it with cars. Just want some ideas before I start making it for my son. He wanted to use the flash cards to write the song ' Ode to Joy'. He can't really write yet. Any ideas would be helpful.

Regards,
Esther
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
04 Jun 2013 16:28 #10665 by cheyeow
Week beginning 3/6/2013

Last week Isaac has been learning to play the LH part for Ode to Joy and Hot Cross Bun using one hand and today, out of the blue he started putting two hands together for both songs and tried to do it by memory. Will have to film him once he gets better at it and reading the score too.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds